🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Deleted account/Undelivered project
Page options
twlatta
Community Member

Deleted account/Undelivered project

My son and I shared an account under his name only to discover mid-project that he cannot have his name on the account as he is underage. We have the project finished but unsent and the account has been cancelled with, apparently, no recourse. Any ideas on how to get the completed project to the client, I'm sure he would like to have it!

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

Since this was fraud, the client got their money back so you don't need to worry about it.

twlatta
Community Member

Yes, I’m sure he did but I assume he would rather have the completed project which is finished and approved. In a video chat with the company yesterday we were told the process for this project would be completed and THEN the account closed. It was a surprise to wake up today unable to access the joint account to complete it AND not be able to transfer the communications with the client to my own account. Frankly, I’m not interested in us getting paid, I just don’t like leaving a client hanging. UpWork said they would continue with and then did not.
petra_r
Community Member

There were two serious policy violations here, the underage boy and the account sharing, so yes, that's curtains straight away.

lysis10
Community Member

Tim L wrote:
Yes, I’m sure he did but I assume he would rather have the completed project which is finished and approved. In a video chat with the company yesterday we were told the process for this project would be completed and THEN the account closed. It was a surprise to wake up today unable to access the joint account to complete it AND not be able to transfer the communications with the client to my own account. Frankly, I’m not interested in us getting paid, I just don’t like leaving a client hanging. UpWork said they would continue with and then did not.

I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't sound like anything significant, so the client will find someone else I'm sure.

Neither Upwork itself nor most freelancers are fans of clients getting work for free. There may not be a groundswell of support for Upwork bending rules or making special accommodations to help a client get a small bit of work for free when the client can simply hire someone else to redo the work.

Preston H wrote:

Neither Upwork itself nor most freelancers are fans of clients getting work for free. There may not be a groundswell of support for Upwork bending rules or making special accommodations to help a client get a small bit of work for free when the client can simply hire someone else to redo the work.

In the overall scheme of things "free work" is irrelevant here.

Here we have a minor and two people sharing an account.

"Free work" does not even factor into this ToS-violation-combo.

JoanneP

Hi Tim,

Do you have another Upwork account? Could you please share more information with me via PM so I can look into this for you? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths