🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Deleted account but profile still coming up
Page options
remmyc
Community Member

Deleted account but profile still coming up

Hi I deleted my account a few years ago and was told that the page with my information would be taken off within a few weeks to a month. It has been a YEAR and a half and my profile still comes up when you search my name. I've tried requesting that it be removed here on google search https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

but it just says that the page is STILL ACTIVE. I feel like I was just given a generic response to brush me off, and my page was actually never taken down. This is so frustrating. There was no way to log in to my old accounts, or any support phone numbers to call, I had to create this new account just to post here. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm so frustrated I'm on the verge of pursuing legal action.  

30 REPLIES 30
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Remmy, 

I understand how this can be frustrating for you and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I was unable to locate your old account, and would request that you please send me a private message (by clicking on my name) so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
remmyc
Community Member

Hi Avery I tried to send you a message but I got this error message when I tried to click the button to send you a private message. I'm not sure if you can delete this post after, but here's my old profile. **edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you very much for reaching out to help. Capture.PNG

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Remmy, 

I would like to confirm that the old account is not yet closed which is why it's still showing in Google search results. On your next reply, kindly confirm that you would like your account closed, and I will do just that. 

~ Avery
Upwork
remmyc
Community Member

That's crazy. Yes please! Could you please help me close it?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Remmy, 

I have closed your account as requested. I have also requested Google to de-index your profile link from their search results so that it doesn't show up anymore. Please know that it may take some time for Google to de-index your profile link. 

As a gentle reminder, please close this account you are posting from to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
remmyc
Community Member

Thank you so much. I just tried clicking the profile that came up on the
Google page and was so relieved to see it is inactive now. This has been
bothering me for so long, thank you so much! I'm so glad its over at last.
Seriously THANK YOU! I will be sure to close this account.

Hi Avey,

I have the same problem too with my other account. I wasn't able to log in with that account because I wasn't able to remember my log in credentials. So, I get back to my old account. I deleted the other but still it shows up to search results.

Hi Hahns,

Opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS.
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket on your new account and assist you further with regaining access to your old account. Once you`re able to log in you will need to close your new account as well. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V, 

As, I read your message. you mentained "Opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS" If someone lost his/ her old id then how they can reach customer support they need the upwork profile to communicate. Please guide me on this I am new on upwork.  

Second thing is as mentioned ny you: "Once you`re able to log in you will need to close your new account as well"

Does it mean that person has to close both account. But what other option does he have other then creating a new account to reach upwork support. 

Thanks. 

Hi Atul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Goran is absolutely right, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Please note that you can always contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help. Once you are able to log into your old account you need to close the account you used to reach out to us on Communty. Since creating second account is a violation Upwork's Terms of Service. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
gsabori2
Community Member

Hi Avery, I found this forum thread and i have the same issue. I deleted an account but the page is still showing. I have the url, if i message you or post it, can you delete it for me? (its not this account...i had to recreate another account after deleting account with same email in order to access this forum.)

Hi Gina,

Could you please confirm if you`re referring to Google search results or something else? Feel free to send me the URL via PM (click on my name) as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I deleted my profile, but it still comes up on google search. Please help remove it. 

here is the **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Afra,

I would like to confirm that, we don't control Google search results. Could you request this from Google directly, so that this search result is removed? You can submit removal requests through your own Google account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, good morning! I opened this account only for this question.
I deleted my account in April here on Upwork. When I google my name the link to it still comes up, when you press on it it tells you the profile is no longer available. However today in the morning I received your email with your updated terms, as if my account and email were still active. However I can‘t log into the account anymore, it tells me I have an invalid username.

Just unsubscribing from the newsletters would be the easy way out. I‘d like to have my account and all information deleted from your servers, therefore not being found in google searches anymore.

Thanks in advance!
removeacc
Community Member

Hi Avery or anyone in charge

I have deleted my profile last year but it is still showing up in the google search engine. I have created this new account to remind you to please remove my old account completely.

What else should i do? Please advise. Many thanks!  

Hi Z S,

Please note that we don't control Google search results. You can request from Google to have the search result removed and that can be done through your own Google account. You may request that through this link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

I have requested and it was denied. Any other solution please? 

Appreciate you help! 

Hi Z,

We're sorry, but we do not have any control over Google searches. You may want to request them again for assistance in having your profile link removed from search results. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cacacac
Community Member

Hello, I have got the same issue. I deleted my account a few months ago, but my profile is still coming up in Google searches. I do not want this profile to be public anymore. I am in the process of changing careers. Could you please help me to delete or make my profile private? This is the profile I am talking about is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

(I created the account from which I'm writing only to ask this question).

Thank you for your help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi C A,

Your account is now closed. Could you request this from Google directly, so that this search result is removed? You can submit removal requests through your own Google account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I removed my account and the profile still shows on the search, and I can not log in on that profile as I "removed" it. So I made this account just to remove the old one. Please help me

Hi Remove,

Could you please send me a private message with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
4c3aac3c
Community Member

Hi,
i closed my account but i still see my profile coming up in upwork search,
can you please disable my account

Thanks in advance

Hi K S,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2775a080
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have the same problem with Remmy. I've already deleted my account way back 1 year ago, but, still when I searched my name, it's still popping out:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**
. Please help.

Thanks!

Hi Benjamin,

The profile link you shared is an account different from the one you're reaching out from. As a gentle reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.  I will have a Customer Support team member reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2775a080
Community Member

Hi Luigi,

Do you understand the problem? Do you need me to repeat myself? You should checked the thread first before replying. From there, you can understand the situation better.

Again, let me repeat myself. This is my new account. I've deleted my previous account a year ago but when I searched my name in google online, that (deleted account) pops out. You are not doing your job because why that account still pops out. There is a thread where Avery already resolved that. I hope you have the skill as well to do that.

Thank you.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you on the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Remmy,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share more details about the account you`re referring to? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members