🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Deleted old account, cant use email address o...
Page options
reactivelab
Community Member

Inactive account but want to use email

I don't know what option I touched and my account logged out and didn't let me login again, showing this message in the login page.

This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

I, indeed, want to use this email to continue working in Upwork. Can you help me solve this?

How can I contact Upwork Support, I looked all over but I couldn't find it

93 REPLIES 93

Hi Joanne, 
You should have a message from me.

Thank you for sending me a PM, Ivaylo. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne.

I had the same issue as Ivalyo. Could you help me ou please? I signed up for Upwork a few months ago but never finished the whole process. Since I've been traveling abroad, I'd like to try again but I can't use my original email. So I made this account to see if I can get some help reinstating my original account.

Thanks!

Hi Xander,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
r1p3rroo
Community Member

Hi, 

I have almost same issue, how could I get my real account back? I created a new account but I want to use my other email instead of this one. 

Hi Malivin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem and cannot PM anyone due to privilages issues. Could someone contact me?

Hi Dagmara,

I've sent you a PM. I'll wait for your response. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Moderator,

I have attepted to read the message you PM-ed me but the portal requires
that I complete the whole profile before I can use the account. I have even
attepted to do it, but cannot pass the phone verification step (it is
required that it starts with +44 but my UK number is inactive so I am
stuck.

Could you please send me a reactivation link to my original address,
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Otherwise can we please communicate via email?

Best wishes,
Dagmara **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dagmara,

A member of our team will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you with your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Joanne,

Thank you very much for getting back to me - it seems someone tries to contact me but to be able to see the ticket system and PMs, the portal requires that I set up the entire profile on this (which would be second) account. I have even tried to create such profile, unfortunately, it procedes to further verify my account via mobile. Since I set up this account as UK-based, I am asked to verify it from a 0044 number, and mine is inactive right now. This prefix is fixed, hence entire operation is impossible.

Could you please contact me directly via email? I know this is not normally done, but otherwise I have to start a third account, with a new email, set up another fake profile, that I can verify by phone, and the procedure seems to be getting more and more out of control.

Best,

Dagmara

Hi Dagmara,

Can you please check the email that you used on your Upwork account? Please let us know if you are unable to locate the email. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
belousnikiya
Community Member

I have the same issue, i've accidently delete my client account, so i can not log in in my freelancer account. 

Hi Nikita,

One of our team members reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having a similar issue. What can I do to reactivate my email?

Thanks! 

Hi Matt,

Please send me a PM by clicking on my name and share the email or userID of the account you're referring to so I can check. I'll wait for your message. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
999ae04f
Community Member

I'm having the same issue on my freelancer account, could you help me with it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yulianto, 

I was unable to identiy which old account you are referring to. Please send me a private message so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
999ae04f
Community Member

It's been a week I private messaged you and haven't got a response. Could you please check it out?

Hi Yulianto,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your account is now reopened. Kindly, close your newly created account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
66e120e4
Community Member

How can I contact upwork? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi G,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
66e120e4
Community Member

why is my account inactive? Check the screenshot. After that delete it.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, G.

Looks like your account was closed by yourself. We'll restore it shortly for you.

Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dp-gian
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I closed my account as I wanted a fresh start but the email is showing as inactive. I tried to get in touch with you with a PM but it says I do not have sufficient privileges.

How can I restore the email and eventually change it for this account?

Thank you.

Hi Bojan,

I'm also having an issue with the "inactive account" status with my email address. I closed my account before I even finished the initial setup thinking I could come back and complete my account later. Is there any way to reinstate my email address? I had to open this new account in order to contact you, but it's not an email address I use or check regularly. 

I'd be happy to help you, Courtney!

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mikailwg
Community Member

Greetings, Bojan,

I have the same issue, I would like to use an email I tried to make an account with a few days ago, but it got closed and is now inactive. I am trying to PM you with this account, but it says I do not have enough privileges to message you. I would appreciate the help.

-Mikail

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mikail, 

I was able to locate your old account, and have reinstated it as requested. Please close this new account where you are posting from, to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork
smyantz
Community Member

I had an old account, under **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I deleted this account.
But I still can't use this email address on this account.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

I'll ask our team to review your accounts and release the email so you can add it to your active account. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello, I'm having the same issue, i really need to change my email.

Hi Alan,

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the email address you are referring to?

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am having the same issue where I had an old account that I deleted, but I need that email address to add to my Paypal in my new account. Thank you!

I want to activate my old email can you help me?

Hi Jas,

Can you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share the email address of the account you are referring to. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
siskhana
Community Member

Hello,

I accidentally deleted my old account but I want to use the same email to this new account. The notification said that I have to contact support but I still don't know which one the article that can actually help to restore my old email address. I can't send you a private message too because I still don't have sufficient privileges to do so. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Siskha, 

I tried looking for your old account, but I was unable to locate it. Please send your old account's details to me through a private message so that I can look into this for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I had an old account under my email address, now i have deleted that account, but i can't use the same email address i used before on my new account, 

Two of my accounts are locked , Please release those account so that i can use those further

Aayushi A wrote:

Two of my accounts are locked , Please release those account so that i can use those further

You are not allowed to create new accounts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths