cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Bad Reviews - A discussion

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 63

Yogesh, you can make the whole review go away by giving the client a full refund......

Yogesh T Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
12 of 63

What if someone worked more then 200 hours and client suddenly closed the contract with bad reviews which is not correct as per the freelancer. do you think one should refund whole (200 hours * per hour rate) to client? this doesn't make sense.

I know genuine client will never do bad with anybody.

Thanks
Yogesh Trivedi
Magento Developer
Community Guru
13 of 63

@Preston H wrote:

1) You don't need to refund that client.

2) And refunding that client so that you have a zero-dollar contract will probably hurt your job score more than if you have a not-so-great feedback rating, but the contract was closed and feedback WAS provided.

3) And you can simply add a comment to the client's feedback, letting potential new clients know what you told us:

4) The client cut your hourly rate in half and was unhappy when you were unwilling to continue working at half the originally-agreed-upon rate.

1) correct

2) No. It will not hurt things any more. It will be a bad contract and hurt either way. Visibly or not

3) Yes, I would strongly suggest a very professional non-antagonistic response as well

4) That is actually nonsense. Clients can only unilaterally UP a freelancer's rate, just as freelancers can only decrease their own on any given contract. A client has no facility to cut a rate in half.

Catherine P Member Since: Feb 3, 2016
14 of 63

Can I ask you a question in private because I don't want to blast anything on the forums.

scott s Member Since: Jan 7, 2016
15 of 63

that's called blackmail unless the problem was your production time or quality issues....

Awais M Member Since: Mar 11, 2016
16 of 63

Right now it's happening to me.

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
17 of 63

Awais M wrote:

Your feedback is not great overall - it doesn't appear to be just the occasional 'awkward' client that is a problem for you, but general sub-par performance. Upwork's system is far from perfect and in need of some tweaking, but I don't think they are to blame for your problems. I think you should instead try and ask yourself what you need to do to get better ratings from now on. 

Community Guru
18 of 63

Jamie F wrote:

Awais M wrote:

Your feedback is not great overall -

Euphemism of the year. 20% JSS is the lowest I have ever seen.

Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
19 of 63

I would like to point out that this represents a penal system. A freelancer is being penalized for having done a job with a negative outcome. Be it because the freelancer is at fault or not, this should be removed at some stage and not be carried around like a chip in the shoulder for the rest of his career.

Worst-case scenario: A freelancer starts here on Upwork without being aware of the dangers entailed when applying for a job. He does not dodge the occasional bullet because he cannot see them coming straight for him. We are all aware that there are clients and there are clients. The newbie with the blue eyes does not know that, he is not aware of the signs that are a telltale for such a scammer. All he wants is his first job and excel at it! He wants to earn his spurs and might be too over-anxious or over-excited about it to clearly see what he is going for. After the ensuing storm has passed, he will have this experience in his record for the rest of his Upwork career? Is that fair?

Even the beloved JSS does not factor in what happened two years ago any more, why should such a history still exist after that period of time? People change and develop all the time, we all learn and that includes learning how to walk on this platform without falling on our nose that easily.

If somebody has been detected a scammer, in a fashion that is undisputable, then let it stand until eternally for all I care. The regular hard working freelancer or client should not have to bear such a weight on his/her shoulder for many years to come!

Wishing you all a successful day

Thomas

Reginne Camille C Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
20 of 63
bad rating from a bad and dishonest client

My newest employer let us work for 4 hours only instead of 6 hours on our first day , they pulled out employees and will cut you off the job if they had one call, just one unwanted call from us and will automatically end our contract. first, they told us there is a 5-day probationary period wherein you are free to make mistakes, second they never mentioned that they will removed you from the campaign once they feel they don't need you anymore and lastly, the personnels of the said client is very rude and unprofessional, will never answer queries and will never give explanation or valid reason for what had happened. I was given a good rating at first when they suddenly learn about my bad rating to them they immediately changed it and make stories. this is my bread and butter. I'm feeding my family thru the work I'm gathering here. Having a bad rating will not get me any work at all. I already answered the feedback but it will not sufficed.

Please help Upwork family Smiley Sad
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS