cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Bad Reviews - A discussion

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
31 of 63

Hi Eloisa,

It is against Upwork policies for a user to have more than one account. You need to close your new account as soon as possible to avoid being permanently suspended from the platform. Please contact Customer Support so we can assist you with this.

Heather C Member Since: Feb 26, 2016
32 of 63

How do you add your own comment to the bad review?  I got a bad review from a client who was wishy-washy and kept changing the job description, and I gave him a week notice that I would be ending the project.  He left me bad feedback saying I "left him out to dry" with a client, which is not fair because I did give him notice.  But I don't see where Upwork allows me to add any comments to that feedback, so that I can present my side? 

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
33 of 63

The contract ended in November, so I think the option is no longer available.

Image 2016-02-26 at 3.53.47 PM.png

Frank S Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
34 of 63

Has anything beed decided about this sort of thing? I do have one client who gave me a great little review, but he didn't hit the 5th star just right and it only gave me a 4.35 rating. He's long since gone out of business and I can't reach him. But it's pretty frustrating to have my overall rating dropped to 83% just because a client has to make certain they click on a star correctly. All my other reviews are 5 stars. Argh!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 63

Frank,

The only way to have public feedback changed is to enable the client to change it. Make sure to discuss it with the client prior to enabling. Only Top Rated freelancers have an ability to remove feedback for some contracts from their Work History. You can find more information about Upwork feedback system in this post.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ronald A Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
36 of 63

Oh really I am top Rated freelancer can you guide me how to remove bad reviews, please.

Ronald A Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
37 of 63

I agree! there should be an options to delete bad reviews.

Recently I got a negative review to a recent employer and make laugh of my works, He is very arrogant and unprofessional,  Here's what happened I applied to his post and he responded quickly and send invitation for interview he said to me I think you are qualified  knowing he saw my "Top rated badge".  He told me he has this multiple sites that need yadda yadda, and ask me what is my plan then I answered him yadda yadda,  can you give me a sample of your work. So I showed him multiple examples and he says GOOD! and he said I can start now.  I started working after a day he said to me send me the partial report so I send him the file.   And he laughed at my work make fun of it then he said he will end my contract and he remove me on skype, and give me a negative review.  There is no justice here so I gave him a negative review as my reply.  He should have talked to me and explained to me that he doesn't like my work which he approves it by the way.  Or he has something better idea, dunno maybe he just want to get information that he needed after getting it goodbye.   So yes, please there should be an option to delete negative review.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
38 of 63

@Ronald A wrote:

I agree! there should be an options to delete bad reviews.

I think if we're going to consider that, the only sensible option is to do away with public feedback completely. There's clearly no justification for letting a freelancer (or client) pick and choose what is shown in order to create a false impression.

Ace Contributor
Neil P Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
39 of 63

But why can't I choose what other people say about me?

Frank S Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
40 of 63

I believe there should be some sort of option for at least reviewing and possibly changing reviews that are less than accurate.

In my situation, a client actually gave me a good review, but he didn't hit the fifth star correctly and only highlighted a portion of it, giving me a review of 4.3 instead of 5. I've seen this issue on other sites as well. If the star isn't hit correctly it isn't completely highlighted.

My client as since gone out of business and I can't reach him to correct his mistake. As a result, I have a success rating of less than 90%. All my other clients have given me 5 stars.

I have no way of correcting this issue. A bit frustrating..

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS