cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a Screenshot

hkay77
Heather K Member Since: Feb 21, 2018
1 of 10

Why does deleting a screen shot also delete the time associated with the shot? That seems a bit weird. Especially with such frequent screenshots taken. 

turbocro
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
2 of 10

Because it's a proof you have worked in that period of time, and not browsing emails or reading Facebook...

raina5
Community Leader
Kate R Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
3 of 10

Because the only thing we should be billing for is time spent on the exact task we are working on for our client, yes? 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 10

Hi Heather,

Upwork App take snapshots one every 10 minutes at a random moment. That allows clients to make sure that they are billed for the time spend working on the project they hired the freelancer for. Additionally, it assures that the freelancer is paid for the time they spend working on the hourly contract they were hired for and track properly. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
oscarmosh
Oscar Javier P Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
5 of 10

I'm ok with screenshot while working, but, sometimes it will screenshot while I have my chat open or a notification that shows sensitive information, how can I delete that or take the screenshot again without that sensible information, how do I protect my privacy? 

marc_compte
Ace Contributor
Marc C Member Since: Apr 21, 2021
6 of 10

Oscar Javier P wrote:

I'm ok with screenshot while working, but, sometimes it will screenshot while I have my chat open or a notification that shows sensitive information, how can I delete that or take the screenshot again without that sensible information, how do I protect my privacy? 

Shut down every single software other than Upwork that may pop up notifications (e-mail, teams, slack, skype,...) and don't chat with anyone other than the current client.

I think this is also a good practice outside Upwork. Notifications and interruptions are evil and you should be the one deciding when you are going to check the e-mail, teams, slack, skype, ... and not the other way around.

oscarmosh
Oscar Javier P Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
7 of 10

And when I said my chat, I also mean the chat of Upwork. I don't want my client to see another conversation with other clients that can also be peak while talking with the current client.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 10

Oscar:

When you are logging time working for Frank, everything you do belongs to him. If you are chatting with Bob, then the text of your chat with Bob belongs to Frank. Because Frank is the one paying you for your time.

If that is not acceptable to you, then you are allowed to delete the screenshot. You could even hold off on chatting with Bob until a later point in time, when you aren't working for Frank.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
9 of 10

Sometimes you have to choose to lose 10 minutes to protect client privacy. You could ask your clients to permit you to add manual time to replace deleted screen shots.  

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 10

Oscar Javier P wrote:

I don't want my client to see another conversation with other clients 

Your client isn't paying you to chat with another client. Chat with your other clients when NOT on the clock.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS