🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Deliver work on a fixed-price contract an...
Page options
0f3a46ad
Community Member

Deliver work on a fixed-price contract and the customer does not respond

Let me explain the situation better. A client placed an order for one of my article writing projects. Prior to the delivery of the job, the client responded quickly to all my messages. Once I delivered a preview of the work, he stopped replying to my messages. Then, when I saw that he did not respond, I delivered the final work as a revision so as not to damage my reputation on UpWork.

It's been a couple of days and the client still hasn't responded, so the confirmation of delivery of the job is pending, and consequently, the payment has not been released to my UpWork account. I have searched for information, but have not found anything. If any forum moderator could give me an answer to my problem, I would be very grateful!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Daniel,

Once you submit your work, your client has 14 days to review and either approve or ask for changes. If your client takes no action for 14 days, the funds are automatically released to you.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Daniel,

Once you submit your work, your client has 14 days to review and either approve or ask for changes. If your client takes no action for 14 days, the funds are automatically released to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
0f3a46ad
Community Member

Understood, my question has been answered. It would be nice if Upwork had an initiative to contact the client. This can simply cause many freelancers to have a bad experience within the platform.

Thank you very much for your answer Andrea!

42eca872
Community Member

Sep 25, 2023 12:18:47 PM by Som X

Hello, may I ask. If the payment is under the review method I have to wait untill It automatically move to the pending  method after 14 days right or I have to do something?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Deliver work on a fixed-price contract and the customer does not respond"

That's fine.

Clients are not obligated to respond.

I get paid automatically if the client doesn't respond.

And with some clients, no response is the best response.

Hello sir, may I ask. I the payment is under the review method I have to wait untill It automatically to the pending method right or I have to do something?

Hi Som,

When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. This means that the funds are undergoing security review. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Please check this help article for more details on how to get paid for fixed-price contracts.

~ Arjay
Upwork
42eca872
Community Member

Thank you so much Arjay

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths