Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dem Rising talents

Highlighted
Community Leader
Matija M Member Since: Feb 4, 2013
1 of 5

Being bored a bit so lurking around profiles and I see an endless count of freelancers rated as rising talents. That's ok, that's ok, but none of them have worked a single job or single minute yet, about half of them (raw estimate) is rocking some extremely poorly written overview matched with $3.33 - $8.88 hourlies and even some stolen permanently borrowed portfolio pieces (images.google.com can confirm that). And a lot of them are ranked even higher in search than someone with 6,000+ hours and 90% JSS, lol.

What's the story behind becoming a rising talent? Just some random randomness or there actually is a logical explanation?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
2 of 5

I also noticed the incredible flood of newbies, so are they fake profiles? I thought they were elancers. Maybe agencies are taken advantage of the loads of connects that rising talents get. 

But in that case those profiles will disappear when they have to prove their identity. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 5

The moderator said yesterday that this is normal and people will provable experience are given that Rising Talent. No conspiracy here.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Matija M Member Since: Feb 4, 2013
4 of 5

In that case that's amazingly lot of people with provable off-Up experience yet zero jobs logged here at the same time.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Matija,

Please, refer to Diana's reply on this thread.

@Diana C. wrote:

... We look at your job applications, overall profile, skill set, and etc. We understand that there are many experienced professionals who are new to Upwork. For rare instances, users with no jobs or work history can be qualified for Rising Talent.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS