🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Deposit of pay now delayed?
Page options
jbestille
Community Member

Deposit of pay now delayed?

Has anyone else noticed that direct deposits of pay from Upwork are now taking a few days longer (I am not referring to the 5-day hold)? Used to take one day to see the pay hit my checking, now it is 3 or 4 days. Not sure if this is due to a change in my bank or another pay policy in upwork.

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

Please keep in mind that it can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to arrive on your account. If you don't receive your funds after 8 business days our team can initiate a trace on your transaction. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Gornn you missed the point - it was consistently taking ONE DAY for years - now it is days longer. Understand?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I have not noticed any change in payment timing to a US bank account.

Maybe John withdrew at weekends rather than during the week, which adds 1-2 days to the process.

Nope - not weekends - Im smarter than that Petra.

I haven't seen any change on mine, either.  Perhaps it's your bank??

lysis10
Community Member

Haven't noticed a change on my end. I don't see money until Tuesday for anything withdrawn between Thurs and Sunday, which is strange to me. Any other day I see it within 2 days. I personally think they batch debits and credits, so that would explain the 2 days for me since I can't withdraw until 8pm my time, but the Thurs-Friday withdraws confuse me. It's been that way for forever though.

John, FWIW, my direct deposits are still only taking one day; unless there's a holiday, as they always have.

Also, why do you seem to have such a negative attitude towards those that have replied in attempts to assist you?

katrinabeaver
Community Member

No change in mine either. Still showing up in one day. Probably is your bank. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths