🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Desktop APP installed could not finish Lo...
Page options
noviechristian
Community Member

Desktop APP installed could not finish Log-in! stack at "ONE MOMENT PLEASE" HELP!

My desktop app is working but I cannot finish my log-in. It keeps on loading the pop-out window saying "One Moment Please" and it really took so long. Need help! Please look at my attachment. Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
JoanneP

Hi Novie Christian,

It looks like you were trying to log into your account by signing in to Google. Could you please try to log in by entering your Upwork username and password? If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I tried it now but still, it is telling me to sign in using google. Any other solution for this miss joanne? thanks

THERE! Thanks for the idea. I disconnect my 1-click signed in at the connected services and it worked.

THANKS A LOT!

Hello Novie,

I am facing the same problem as you describe. This is my first-time download desktop APP and gonna start my first job on Upwork. Please help me how to solve this~

Hi Yingxin,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Gmail account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your rapid reply.

But, by following your instruction, my google account actually does not connect. (as attached)

Hi Yingxin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi i am having the same issue.

Is there any normalized solution that works for everybody ? (I am using a MacBook)

Hi Dabby,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3b5760d9
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I also have a problem logging into the desktop APP. I tried to login in with my ID number, but still direct to Gmail login. (attached the screenshot)

I am using the ISO system.

Please help~

1f0dd870
Community Member

I also facing same issues my desktop app is also not working after finishing my log-in. It keeps on loading the pop-out window saying "One Moment Please" and it really took so long. Need help! Please look at my attachment. Thanks!

Hi Ajesh,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google Account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

no, it's working

Hi Ajesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Once disconnecting your google account, follow the below steps

1. log out of the account

2. login with username and password and enter the security question if asked

3. after that try loging in using the username password in the app

Which "settings" are you referring to? In Chrome? If so, I do not see a "connected services" area. 

Can you please clarify? Thanks!
CG

I am still having issues. Can someone from Upwork please contact me? I am a brand new user and finding this system a bit difficult to use. 

Thanks!
CG

Hi Christopher,

Could you please login to your Upwork account via browser, and kindly go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0405e25a
Community Member

Can someone please reach out to me via cell phone and walk me through this?
I do not see a "settings" tab on your page.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

Please use this link while logged into your Upwork account to access your Settings>Connected Services and disable Google Sign-In. Once you disable it, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0405e25a
Community Member

PERFECT!!!! That worked great!

Recommendation: post that same link in forums that other people are having
the issue. It worked great!

Thank you for your quick response and assistance.

Best Regards,
CG
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths