🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

this happen with me too. i login using google sso

Hi Puguh,

I shared your issue with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also can't log in, please help immediately

Hi Rangga, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
86c9c617
Community Member

I'm having this issue as well.

Hi Craig,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue as well.

Once they get a solution, can they please post it??? It's a terrible business idea to leave this problem unsolved in this forum. If they figured out how to solve it, just post the solution! don't make me call the service team too!! 

i cannot login too. Loading bar continues to rotate, but nothing happens. Please help!

Hi Jaka,

I'm sorry about the issue you're having. Please follow the steps I've shared with Alice below and let us know if you are able to access and use the Desktop app.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue. Unable to login desktop app via Google SSO.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aldo,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have it solved on the way that I disconnected my gmail account! 

Thanks!!!

be17d0b5
Community Member

Hi,

I am having an issue on Desktop App while trying to access after installing the app.

It shows only "Redirecting"

Thanks for the support. 🙂

Hello,

I am having an issue on the Desktop App while trying to access after installing the app.

It shows only "Redirecting"

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this problem to.

Hi Yegor, 

Could you please log in to your account through a browser, and go to Settings > Connected Services? From there, please disable Google Sign-In. Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your Upwork account credentials. Let me know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0417adea
Community Member

Thank you! This suggestion worked for me. I have been able to log in on my desktop app using my email and password after disabling the Google sign in.
b840cc97
Community Member

Thank you!

This suggestion worked for me too.

I was able to connect after disconnecting my Google account.

Thank You, that worked fine.

That is EXACTLY the same problem I'm having. Where do we create a service desk ticket? 

Hi Tyler,

Could you please try logging into your Upwork account through a browser, and go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am logged into the web version. It's what I use primarily, but I need to have the desktop version for better communications and time tracking. How can this be a problem? Google's APIs are very well documented and supporting them is a breeze.

Oh, and why isn't there a mobile app?

Hi Tyler,

Upwork has a Freelancer Mobile App, but it doesn't support time tracking. I'll be sure to share this with the team. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

if you got the solution of this problem please tell me i am also facing this same problem. 

Same issue here!

Hi Sofian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a similar problem because I log in with my google account but it stays on loading screen forever. I literally waited up to 4 hours waiting for it to log-in. Please help me!

Capturar.PNG

f71b25b4
Community Member

I have the same issue 

Hi Vladimir,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
okidsoet
Community Member

Please someone help! I am trying to login to my account (**Edited for community guidelines**) but it's stuck on google authentication. That was fine for awhile but I recently closed my google account and now cannot login to my Upwork account. When I search help I find that I have to disable google authentication in Connected Services but I have to login to do this! Ugh...I can't login! Please help!

Mike

Hi Oki,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi.

I have similar registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't log in by this option. It says: please wait some minutes and It remains like this in hours, no error and no login, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

Could you please try logging in to your account through a browser, and go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and unlink your Google account from your account. Once done, please try logging in with your username and password to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Team, 

Need help, I have downloaded the recent desktop app but when I try to log in, error message says that it is connected to a google. Then I sign in to google but it is not letting me through 😞

Thanks

Hi Christian, 

Please log in to your Upwork account through a browser, and go to Connected Services (Settings > Connected Services), and unlink your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in with your username, and password on the desktop app, and let me know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi All, 

Need help. I have successfully downloaded the adesktop app and my problem is about loggin IN. 

When I log in using my username, it says the account is connected with a google account then forced me to log in using my google account but when I do log in, it just went straight to the ...please wait staus and not even connecting. See screenshot please.

I have the same problem, any solution?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths