🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't Login via Google Sign-In
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
4f232c4d
Community Member

Hi. Im receiving same error please help

Hi Kim,

Could you please share more details about the error you`re receiving on your end so that I can assist you accordingly? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Since I'm still receiving notifications about this, I'll put an answer here:
They're working on it but don't know when the issue will be fixed. You need to log in on your computer, go to your account and unlink your Google account, so you can login with username and password instead. Then log in on the desktop app with the username and password.
b3292f4c
Community Member

I have the same problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin,

I apologize for the inconvenience this causedOne of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c63837b2
Community Member

I downloaded the desktop app and tried loggin in using my google account, but it says "Couldn't sign you in. This browser or app may not be secure." I tried refreshing, the page and also tried using my User ID instead but it kept giving the same error. Looked at all the Help Info on the website regarding the desktop app and didn't see it in there. Couldn't get anywhere with the help bot either. Any ideas?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared your account issue with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
carlajoy
Community Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with the Desktop App as well. I've been using it for more than 2 months now, but it suddenly won't open now totally. Everytime I click the app, it would start with the 4-page intro, but after click 3 "next"s and "got it", nothing happens. I tried to restart, reinstall the app several times but no luck. I also tried the disconnect google thing but it didn't help as well. Can you help me fix this issue? 

Thanks.

Hi Carla,

Please follow the instructions in the section "How do I report a problem?" in this Help Article. Our team will receive your logs and will assist you further as soon as possible. 
If you`re not able to submit a ticket via the Desktop app let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
thenewmoon
Community Member

I can not log in to my upwork desktop app. It's showing, "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Obaidul, 

Could you please confirm if the issue persists if you try to log out, and log back in, or try uninstalling the app, and reinstalling it again? 

~ Avery
Upwork
thenewmoon
Community Member

It still showing the message "Due to technical difficulties we are unable
to process your request. Please try again later" I have re-installed the
app and nothing different.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for coming back with an update, Obaidul. I'll go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
16f9a68e
Community Member

Hi, I'm having trouble signing in via Google sign-in. While I'm currently logged in on this laptop (thankfully) since I signed up for the account using it, I can't login via the mobile app or via my home desktop. On the mobile app, when I try to login via Google, it says that my Google account isn't recognized on Upwork. On my home desktop, it says that it can't access my Google account at this time.

Additionally, when I try to login using the email address and password that I set, it redirects me to signing in via Google.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice here!

Hi Brandon,

Could you please disconnect your Google account under Settings > Connected Services and let me know if you`re receiving any errors after this? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Amazing, thanks for the quick reply!

Hi, I can't log in to my main account on Upwork the error message is: you have not activated the google sign in for this account. 

please help.

Hi Francisco,

I've escalated your concern about logging in to your account with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! 

I've installed the Desktop App but can't login. I'logging in with my Google Account. I put my password and it says "redirecting" and keeps that way.

Thanks in Advance!

Maria Jose

Hi Maria Jose,

Could you please login to your Upwork account via browser, and kindly go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
lazz07
Community Member

I am unable to login to Upwork desktop app via Gmail. It keeps loading. But not opening at all.

Hi Tabashir,

Please try to disable Google Sign-In under your Settings>Connected Services by logging in to your account via browser. Once done, please try to log in to your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

me too!!! please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brooke,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I cannot login to my account so i cant do this! every time i go to log in it says log in through google account and then doesnt do anything?

I have contractors waiting in my account for me to check work!!!

Hi Brooke,

Just to confirm, you can't log in to the Desktop app with the account you`re posting from or you`re referring to another account? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Another account! My work account, i really need to get in there ASAP. I have contractors waiting for me.

Yes correct i cannot log into my work account!!!

I need to fix this asap as i have contractors waiting for me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brooke,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7aa71b2f
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue, can you please help me?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mihnea,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Have you tried to go to your Account Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6166def0
Community Member

Hi I have the same issue and had to create a new account with my personal mail.

Was supposed to discuss with freelancers on the posted job but can't anymore...

Thank you.

Hi Nathalie,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more details with us about the problem. Our team will assist you further as soon as possible, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c4bcaba6
Community Member

Hi Goran,
I am facing same problem in my desktop app.
As you suggest to log in in mobile app, I try to do that but after selecting my google account new tab is open and say "One moment please...." and buffring ..... and nothing is happening, Can you please guide me what to do ? 
Thank you 
UTPAL

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Utpal,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
victoriahor
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue. May I get help as well, please?

Best regards

Hi Viktoriia, 

If you check this thread, Craig, and Aleksandar has posted a workaround to the issue with logging in to your Desktop App. 

On a web browser on your laptop/desktop computer, please log in to your Upwork account. Please go to your Settings page, and go your Connected Services to unlink your Google account. Once done, please try logging in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password. Let me know if the issue persists so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tahafarooq7
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue. When I type in my email address and click Continue, the error says:

Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later

I tried installing the upwork desktop app again but it did not fix it.

Hoping that it will be fixed soon.

Best regards

Hi Taha, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop App. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maryannmdelacruz
Community Member

Same experience. Already re-install the app. I also cleared cache and cookies.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths