🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Unable to log in
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
maryannmdelacruz
Community Member

Please disregard the above comment. The app is already working. Thanks

4b5f0260
Community Member

Hi,
I'm currently experiencing the same issues.
Is your problem fixed now?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erwin, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding your concern. Feel free to update your ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
078c4327
Community Member

I can't log in to my Upwork Desktop Time Tracker App. It's either stuck on "One moment please..." "Connecting..." or "Forwarding..."

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and clearing my cache and cookies in Chrome, and I still can't sign in.

I have urgent work to do since the deadline is on Saturday but I can't work since I can't get in on my Time Tracker app.

I've been trying to get in for almost an hour now. Please help. I need to work urgently.

onemomentplease.png**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lois,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your desktop app. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I have also the same trouble in the Desktop Time Tracker App.

I tried to solve this problem and asked help to support member but can't use it yet.

Please repair this trouble.

best.

Hi Valon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner. In the meantime, can you please try disabling your Google Sign-In and log in to Upwork Desktop App using your username and password? To do so, please go to Settings > Connected Services and unlink your Google account. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. Could you please help.

Thanks!!

Hi Angelina,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once this is done you should be able to log in with your username or email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
7e06fc6a
Community Member

Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well. I downloaded and installed the Desktop App however, I am not able to log in. I enter the credentials (email address and password) but the app gets stuck there and does not advance to the screen where I can start tracking time. I have disabled the antivirus and firewall and when I run the app, I do it as an administrator. I have Windows 10. I have attached an screenshot. Thanks, Roy Cruz

Capture.PNG

im stuck on this screen. I was able to log in using browser but not with the desktop app. I did reinstalling and restarting my laptop. Im using windows 10. Downloaded 64bit standard and 64bit beta but Im still stuck on the same screen - this is logging in using Google

Hi Mary Ellen,

Could you please try logging into your account by entering your Upwork username and password instead of using Google to log in? If that doesn't work, please let us know so we can check further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7862b961
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie, I'm facing the same issue as Mary Ellen and I have no option to sign in with my username because as soon as I write it the app gives me a message "This account is signing in through Google account" and forces me to use Google sign-in. That leads to the same thing Mary Ellen posted on both 64bit and Beta version. 

May I bother you for some help?  🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dina,

Could you please sign in on the website and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In processOnce you are done setting this up, please make sure that your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7862b961
Community Member

Hi Bojan
Thank you for the tip but I am signed in on the website with my Google Account but the app still has the same issue. 

Like so many other users, the desktop app is failing to log me in when I try to login via Google. I already approved the device when Google sent me a security alert and yet it's still trapping me in an endless loading page. This is going to become a problem for me very soon if I get an hourly job. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dina and Miles,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via support tickets and keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, please help. I tried the steps but still stuck on the loading page. Please I need to track my time

Hi Ma Alma,

I would just like to confirm, have you tried to disable Google Sign-In under your Settings>Connected Services by logging in to your account via browser? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Yes I already tried
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma Alma, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

please disable Google sign-in from your Settings > Connected Services. Then, check if you can login this time.whit your email, not with google sso

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pedro, 

Have you tried this step, and if so, were you able to login the Upwork Desktop App already? 

~ Avery
Upwork
3701ac4f
Community Member

Hello
I cannot sign in from a web site or from the app. 
I created a new account to be able writ you. My main account registered on **Edited for Community Guidelines** please contact with me...
thanks
Vazgen Sargsyan

Hi Vazgen, 

I checked your original account and can confirm that everything is working as designed.
Are you receiving any errors on your end? If you have forgotten your password or security question you can follow the steps on how to reset them in this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cetina
Community Member

I have the same issue. I can't enter with my e-mail nor user name.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pedro, and Karla, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
18d5f119
Community Member

I have the same issue, i tried redownloading the app and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't log in by this option. It says: please wait some minutes and It remains like this in hours, no error and no login, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you were trying to log in using "Google Sign In", however, your account is not yet completely set up for this. Could you please sign in on the website and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In process (screenshot for the reference)

Once you are done setting up, please make sure your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
66a3bd0b
Community Member

it's solved... Thank you
017d337e
Community Member

I am having the same issue with the desktop app login. It will only allow me to log in with my google credentials and after I input my data it sits and spins indefinitely. PLEASE HELP! I am supposed to start working on a job and it won't let me log in! I can log in with my google credentials online. screenshot for reference

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please sign in on the website first and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In processOnce you are done setting this up, please make sure that your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
017d337e
Community Member

It is persisting. just spins indefinitely.
[image: 2020-02-28 (3).png]
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joanna, 

Could you please access your account through a browser, and go to your Connected Services page on your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services), and disconnect your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your Desktop App with your Upwork credentials. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roy,

Could you please sign in on the website and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In processOnce you are done setting this up, please make sure that your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7e06fc6a
Community Member

Hi Bojan The problem persists. See attached images

Hi Roy,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
7e06fc6a
Community Member

Hi everyone
I was able to log in. This is what I did:
1- Log into Upwork

2- Went to Settings --> Connected Services and I disconnected my email account. 

3- In order to log into Upwork and Upwork Desktop App I type my Used ID and Password. 

If I try to log in using my email address the system gets stuck but if I log in using User ID and Password I do not have any issues.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

IM having the same problem can someone help me??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths