Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App doesn't login with google account

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
111 of 766

Hi Beatrix,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Have you tried applying the tips Avery shared above? 

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go the Connected Services page of your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services). If your Google account is connected, please try disconnecting your Google account from your Upwork account. Please try logging in your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password to see if the issue persists. 

If your Google account is not connected to your Upwork account at all (as shown on your Connected Services page), this may be causing the issue. If this is the case, you can log in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and email address any time. 

Let us know if the issue persists after applying those.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Beatrix H Member Since: Mar 3, 2020
112 of 766

Hi!

If I disconnect my Google account it's working, thank you!

Highlighted
Roy C Member Since: Feb 28, 2020
113 of 766
Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well. I downloaded and installed the Desktop App however, I am not able to log in. I enter the credentials (email address and password) but the app gets stuck there and does not advance to the screen where I can start tracking time. I have disabled the antivirus and firewall and when I run the app, I do it as an administrator. I have Windows 10. I have attached an screenshot. Thanks, Roy Cruz
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
114 of 766

Hi Roy,

Could you please sign in on the website and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In processOnce you are done setting this up, please make sure that your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
115 of 766

Hi Bojan The problem persists. See attached images

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
116 of 766

Hi Roy,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
117 of 766

Hi everyone
I was able to log in. This is what I did:
1- Log into Upwork

2- Went to Settings --> Connected Services and I disconnected my email account. 

3- In order to log into Upwork and Upwork Desktop App I type my Used ID and Password. 

If I try to log in using my email address the system gets stuck but if I log in using User ID and Password I do not have any issues.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Christopher D Member Since: Feb 29, 2020
118 of 766

IM having the same problem can someone help me??

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
119 of 766

Hi Christopher,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Desktop app. Thank you.

Untitled
Ahmed E Member Since: Feb 25, 2020
120 of 766

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't log in by this option. It says: please wait some minutes and It remains like this in hours, no error and no login, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS