cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop App doesn't login with google account

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
121 of 766

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you were trying to log in using "Google Sign In", however, your account is not yet completely set up for this. Could you please sign in on the website and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In process (screenshot for the reference)

Once you are done setting up, please make sure your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ahmed E Member Since: Feb 25, 2020
122 of 766
it's solved... Thank you
Highlighted
Joanna J Member Since: Feb 28, 2020
123 of 766

I am having the same issue with the desktop app login. It will only allow me to log in with my google credentials and after I input my data it sits and spins indefinitely. PLEASE HELP! I am supposed to start working on a job and it won't let me log in! I can log in with my google credentials online. screenshot for reference

Highlighted
124 of 766

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please sign in on the website first and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In processOnce you are done setting this up, please make sure that your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Joanna J Member Since: Feb 28, 2020
125 of 766
It is persisting. just spins indefinitely.
[image: 2020-02-28 (3).png]
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
126 of 766

Hi Joanna, 

Could you please access your account through a browser, and go to your Connected Services page on your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services), and disconnect your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your Desktop App with your Upwork credentials. Let us know if the issue persists. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Mary Ellen L Member Since: Feb 23, 2020
127 of 766

Capture.PNG

im stuck on this screen. I was able to log in using browser but not with the desktop app. I did reinstalling and restarting my laptop. Im using windows 10. Downloaded 64bit standard and 64bit beta but Im still stuck on the same screen - this is logging in using Google

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
128 of 766

Hi Mary Ellen,

Could you please try logging into your account by entering your Upwork username and password instead of using Google to log in? If that doesn't work, please let us know so we can check further. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Dina B Member Since: Mar 4, 2020
129 of 766

Hi Joanne Marie, I'm facing the same issue as Mary Ellen and I have no option to sign in with my username because as soon as I write it the app gives me a message "This account is signing in through Google account" and forces me to use Google sign-in. That leads to the same thing Mary Ellen posted on both 64bit and Beta version. 

May I bother you for some help?  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
130 of 766

Hi Dina,

Could you please sign in on the website and go to Settings > Connected Service to complete Google Sign In processOnce you are done setting this up, please make sure that your Upwork Desktop App is updated so that you can log in.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS