🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The Upwork Desktop App gets stuck in the ...
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

Hi Christopher,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2ed5d995
Community Member

I am having this same issue. When I use the desktop app and click the "Sign In with Google" button, it signs in but then gives me the "One moment please..." message which lasts for hours. Please advise.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Casey, 

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go the Connected Services page of your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services). If your Google account is connected, please try disconnecting your Google account from your Upwork account. Please try logging in your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password to see if the issue persists. 

If your Google account is not connected to your Upwork account at all (as shown on your Connected Services page), this may be causing the issue. If this is the case, you can log in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and email address any time. 

~ Avery
Upwork
659570f8
Community Member

Hi!

I have the same issue, It doesn't say any error message, just keeps loading forever. Didn't manage to sign in yet. 

Let me know if you have any tips how to solve this problem.

Thank you,

Bea

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beatrix,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Have you tried applying the tips Avery shared above? 

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go the Connected Services page of your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services). If your Google account is connected, please try disconnecting your Google account from your Upwork account. Please try logging in your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password to see if the issue persists. 

If your Google account is not connected to your Upwork account at all (as shown on your Connected Services page), this may be causing the issue. If this is the case, you can log in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and email address any time. 

Let us know if the issue persists after applying those.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
659570f8
Community Member

Hi!

If I disconnect my Google account it's working, thank you!

0b20c275
Community Member

Hi everybody!

I have installed the desktop app but, when i try to log in using my google account it keeps on redirecting. Is there someone that might have experienced a similar issue that might be able to assist?

Thank you:)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thys,

Let us know if the issue persists after applying those.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b20c275
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for the solution. I disconected google by the connected services page and this resolved the redirecting issue on the desktop app.

vronti
Community Member

Hi

Thanks for the solution, I was facing the same issue lately and disconnected solved it.

Why just put it as a 1 click sign-in if it doesn't serve its purpose.

267d50d4
Community Member

Hi, I disconnected google by the connected services page, and use my email to log in, but the app show error" Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later ", I still can't log in on the desktop app.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeming, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rnabella
Community Member

I am having a problem logging in with my Upwork desktop app after entering my Gmail username and password it stacks screen on "One moment, please.", I have work that needs to be done, I've done re-installing, restart my mac but still, the problem exists. Screenshot attached for reference. HELP PLEASEScreen Shot 2020-03-07 at 7.56.15 AM.png

Hi Robert Rj,

Please try the following steps to log into your Desktop app:

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread and confirm if you were able to log in or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
6d7cc5df
Community Member

I have downloaded the 64-bit Windows Standard Upwork Desktop App.

Upon logging in using gmail login, I am stuck with a loading page that says "One moment please..."

This has been going on for hours. I have not yet logged in to the desktop app. Please help.

Hi John,

Could you please access your account through a browser, and go to your Connected Services page on your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services), and disconnect your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your Desktop App with your Upwork credentials. Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar!

Thank you! It worked great. 🙂

Hi Aleksandar,

I have the same issue as John and followed your instruction to disconnect my Google account but I am still unable to sign in to the Desktop App.

Please help me. 

Thank you.

Ana

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
92e8530e
Community Member

Thank you, and just right now, it's not letting me open the app at all. 

piaangelanavarro
Community Member

I need help. I'm new to upwork. I can't login to my desktop app. When I login, google login is redirecting and conneting only. Please feedback what to do. Thanks.

Hi Pia Angela,

On a web browser on your laptop/desktop computer, please log in to your Upwork account. Please go to your Settings page, and go your Connected Services to unlink your Google account. Once done, please try logging in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password. Let me know if the issue persists so that I can assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for the tips! It works.

romeosipalay
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having problem when logging in to time tracker, Google says This email address uses Google Sign-In. And when I sign in to Google, it will open another page and says re-directing, one moment please...

But it will take forever to re-direct. I tried uninstalling the app and install again and when tried to login, it has the same errors.

Anybody, please help me on this. I can't work w/out my time tracker.

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi Romeo,

Could you please try the following steps to log into your account:

1. Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.

2. Please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6aa1fed3
Community Member

The desktop app is not opening after installing the app it stays on the google signup page for two hours i uninstall and install it for three times kindly help me my projects are not getting paid for this

Production H wrote:
The desktop app is not opening after installing the app it stays on the google signup page for two hours i uninstall and install it for three times kindly help me my projects are not getting paid for this

Cool name, Production.

Hi there,

Please try the following steps to log into your account:

1. Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.

2. Please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d9c3539
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm having issues with the Mac Desktop app. It's not letting me sign in. I'm using the Google sign-in method and it's just stuck on this page https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8uR9g0n

I tried entering my email manually and it's telling me to use the Google sign-in method for my account.

Is anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

//Yentl

Hi Yentl and Rangy,

Could you please try the steps that Aleksandar shared on this thread?

On a web browser on your laptop/desktop computer, please log in to your Upwork account. Please go to your Settings page, and go your Connected Services to unlink your Google account. Once done, please try logging in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password.

Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
be17d0b5
Community Member

Hello,

The solution provided successfully solved my log in problem.

Thank you very much!
5e5bb2ec
Community Member

Hello! I just downloaded the Upwork desktop app and I can't log-in to my account. As soon as I input my login details, it stops working.

Hi Christine,

On a web browser on your laptop/desktop computer, please log in to your Upwork account. Please go to your Settings page, and go your Connected Services to unlink your Google account. Once done, please try logging in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password. Let me know if the issue persists so that I can assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
45f8560c
Community Member

I am unable to login to the desktop app using Google. It freezes after I submit my password and it won't go any further. I have tried in both Windows and Mac

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniela, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

USE USER ID PASSWORD INSTEAD OF GOOGLE LOGIN

37e6605d
Community Member

Good day, I would like to ask about the Upwork Desktop Application, After I downloaded the app and installed it (the version was IMAGE 1). I logged on using my google account and it's stuck on the redirecting part (IMAGE 2), what should I do to resolve this. Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John Mark, 

Could you please check if the issue persists if you associate your Google account with your Upwork account by signing in on this page of your profile settings (Settings > Connected Services > click on "Sign In with Google")?

~ Avery
Upwork
37e6605d
Community Member

Yes ma'am, im connected to it. I've also tried the different versions, 64 and 32 bit OS. and the same problem persists 

Hi John,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths