🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

I am having the exact same issue.  I log- in with my google account through the app, but it never redirects me to anything. 

Hi Victoria,

Have you tried disabling the Google Sign-In by following the steps in this thread? To do so, please go to your Settings page > Connected Services to unlink your Google account. After that, try logging in to Upwork Desktop App using your username and password. Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

I am also getting same error, please help

Hi! I am having this same problem. Could you please start a support ticket so I can log in and track my hours?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giulia,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. 

Feel free to reach back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I have same issue can you help ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hayk,

Could you please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

This also happens to me. I log in using Google and it is stuck at the sign in screen, 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Nto Mbeng Agbor
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nto,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
695ba459
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you so much for your speedy and efficient response. I did as instructed and it worked almost instantly! I am now ready to go. Thank you Bojan!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Nto Mbeng Agbor

Aleksandar,

I also am having problems logging into my desktop app on my mac via google.  I just gets stuck forever in a "wait one moment" screen.  I reported the problem two days ago.  I talked with a support team member regarding and unrelated issue this morning and they again forwarded for immediate support.  Again no response.  Can you please help me?

In the meantime, I'm two days into a three-day time-critical contract and stuck adding hour manually, which isn't protected.  Its engineering hand calcs so it had to be manual anyway.

Thank you for your help,

Lincoln

Hi Lincoln,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once this is done try to log in with your username/email and password. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello  Dear,

Please go to your setting and then go to connected services and remove the google account,

After this restart your app and login into app, It's works for you.

Hi Hadayat,

Thank you so much for your response. I did that, and it worked instantly! Thank you!!

Nto Mbeng Agbor

loaded for over 4 hours after i inputted my password

I have the same error. It is really frustrating please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Anton and Atilla!

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i also cant get in

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account. If this does not solve the problem, let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Huge thanks for the quick guide - worked perfectly fine for me!

Regards,

Marin

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Please help.

Thanks!

Anelene

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anelene Marie,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try to go to your Account Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account? Afterwards, please try logging back in with your username and password.

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have problems logging with google!
I don´t know what to do, I've worked for a week without registering ours, the desktop app is not workin.

I am also having the same issue, however the help center directed me to this tread as well. Can I submit a ticket?

I am having the same issue. Everytime I log in with google it is "redirecting" me for hours. I need this resolved quickly because I have just started a contract and need to log my hours. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kerrie and Georgina,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Once you do this please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I log to Google but for some reason, the app stays on the redirect after finishing the 2 steps processs

Hi Nicolas,

I would just like to confirm, are you able to log into your Upwork account via Google, or it is just loading?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I also have similar problem. Desktop app wants the google login, but after writing the password it says wait a minute.. and nothing happens later.

tried several times..

I'd be grateful for some fast helpscreen.PNG. The screenshot below

Hi Malgorzata,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared previously: 

• Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I can't log-in to my desktop app.

I use google sso, I already tried disabling my firewall, enable it again, delete the app cache, deleting the connected service of google and anything of that worked for me.

Can you please help me with that?.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniela,

If you've already disabled Google Sign-In in your Settings>Connected Services on your account, please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running? Please right-click on that and go to settings and logout. Once this is done, click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c58f4621
Community Member

Hi there,

I cannot log in to the desktop app, I have recive message from you that I should disconnect my App from google, however I cannot still connect.

Please help.

Piotr

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piotr,

Could you please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running? Please right-click on that and go to settings and logout. Once this is done, click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem

Hi Saad,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly log in using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
2b9c3cc5
Community Member

Hi,

I don't have a possibility to log out from the settings page, this is all I see... 

Hi Alice,

Sorry about the confusion, you can find this option in your account settings and not on the Desktop app. Please go to your account > click on your photo in the upper-right corner > select Settings from the drop-down menu > Connected Services > disconnect your Google account. Please let us know if you need further guidance or help.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

unable to log in into windows app using google login

Hi Nishant,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths