🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

I cannot log in to my account using the desktop app. I sign-in using google account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mennatullah,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Alexander, 

I can not log in into Desktop App via my Google account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

Could you please go to disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
721d78ba
Community Member

Thank you!

hi Aleksandar,

I cant log in to the desktop app using google either, im supposed to be working now 😕

Can you help me out please?

I am having the same issue can you please help?

I just keeps saying one moment please with the never ending loading circle

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem here, can not log in with my google account, it stays in the "one moment please" page forever. Please help thank you. 

Hi Elva,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once you've done this try to log in with your username or email, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can not sign in the Desktop app with my Gmail account. Please help me with this.

Hi Fuaad,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have almost same problem with desktop app. Can I get help ?

Hi Marina,

Please follow the instructions Aleksandar shared in his post above:

• Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account.

If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi, i hope you are well. my desktop app is not running well. no option to track time. is there any issue with it , thanks.

Hi Ahsan,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

my desktop app doesnt login from the redirecting webpages where it shows a continue button that does nothing.

d6fcdc43
Community Member

I need some help with this.

Is there a solution that can be shared so we can use the desktop client?
It's a bit frustrating

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
096edfbd
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue kindly help I have to track the time and deliver my work. OS: Ubuntu

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamoud, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I'm having the same issue with google account. 

dd6fe9e2
Community Member

Can't Login in the Desktop App. Because my account is created using Google

Hi Marianne,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > disconnect your Google account and try to log in again. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, please share the error you`re receiving with me. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue right now in which is not letting me sign in thru my google account, Whenever I go to the sign in with google option I get to enter my email and password and then the pop-up window stays loading and loading..Just says "redirecting" "one moment please."

May I know how did you solve the issue? I've tried all kind of existing troubleshooting..

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian, 

Could you please log in to your account through a browser, and go to Settings > Connected Services? From there, please disable Google Sign-In. Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your Upwork account credentials. Let me know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bryan-kiptoo
Community Member

Hello,

I am getting an error 'This browser or app may not be secure' when using Google sign in to the app. The issue is despite having a password when I enter my email it says that  'This email address uses Google Sign-In'. My logins work correctly on the web, Its only that I cant track time using the app.

Kindly advice?

Regards, 

Bryan

2020-01-17_11h15_09.png2020-01-17_11h16_16.png

Hi Bryan,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. 
If you`re still receiving the same error after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Still can't sign in after disconnecting connected services

Hi Francis,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

google sign in upwork error.png

Can't sign in to the Desktop App (Windows 10 x64) because of this error in Google Sign In!

Hi Abhilaksh,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, My name is Sree. I just created an account today with Upwork. I am trying to sign in to the Time Tracking App but the system throws the attached error. I tried all possibel browsers but not sure what is still the issue. Can someone help please... 

Thanks,

Sree

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sree,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6c7e7e6f
Community Member

Same problem. I have contract and need to finish asap. please help

Hi Juan,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If this does not solve the problem, let me know and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a3796d64
Community Member

I have tried to access Desktop app , after write my google email, sends me this error

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have try with google chrome to install , uninstall and again with Edge install ,uninstall but always the same error shows up 

what can it be.

Hi Karen,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tessenal69
Community Member

Hi! I'm trying to log-in in Upwork Desktop App to start working but the pop up message is: Couldn't sign you in (see attachement).

What shall i do? i need to finish my job.

Thank you so much

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account. If this does not solve the problem, let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths