🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Urgent - desktop app not functioning
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

Hi,

I have tried that but still face the same problem.

Hi Haseeb,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you still didn't disable Google account from your Upwork account. Please go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lewyblue
Community Member

I am unable to log in to the app, however I can log in to the website fine. 

Logging in to the app hangs on this screen:

23.png

Hi Lewy,

Do you receive any errors when you`re trying to log in to your profile? Could you please try going to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What I did was I disconnected my google account to my upwork, I logged on to the app using my nickname and default password. After that, I reconnected my gmail again to my upwork account. 

P.S. Make sure that when you logged in to the application, you'll check the box that will remember your account

Hello John Mark,

Thanks a lot for the help, appreciated it a lot.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Hi Goran, 

Yes, disconnecting Google did it. Thanks. 
I'll stick with email/password for now 🙂 

Best,
Lewy

anastacio-karen
Community Member

I tried to log in to the desktop app however it's just loading, I had tried it multiple times and even uninstalled and reinstalled it however still not working. I even tried to download beta and standard but still the same result.

Hi Karen,

Please try following my instructions from above:

• Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here and our team will assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thank you so much for the help, appreciated it a lot. I have been checking to log in for almost 2 hours, now it's okay, I just had my first client and I want to give my best.

All the best to you my dear.

Regards.

jennycreative1
Community Member

Is anyone experiencing time tracker issues today?

I've restarted my PC twice and still the Upwork time tracker won't launch for me.

I have a repeat client with a deadline today and I'm already almost an hour late starting due to this issue.

Thanks!

Did you get this solved yet?

Hi Jenny,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists after this.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4f8174f4
Community Member

Hi, i have 2 issues:
1) On my windows computer, using chrome, i can't log in because buttons don't work. When the window of ''sign in'' appears, i click on ''sign in with google'' but doesn't matter how many times i click on this button, it won't work. Even if i write my email on ''username form'' and click on continue, the next window says: ''welcome, continue with google'' but neither this button works. I'm forced to use another browser, which i don't want.
Again, the desktop app, which seems i have to use to track my time since i just got my first job, won't allow access to me. After typing my mail address and password, it keeps loading but nothing happens, windows or macbook it is. I tried to clear my browser cache and checked my internet connection that is perfect. I don't know what to do.
Is at least some other way to track my hours? I do i fix those bugs?
Regards.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gaetano Urszula,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you please log into your account and go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8d9a05cc
Community Member

i have the same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasser,

Could you please log into your account and go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Once you disable this, try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2165978a
Community Member

WORKED!!! thanks

edaf4739
Community Member

I've been trying to login with Upwork's time tracker while using my Gmail account. It is unfortunate that once all information has been placed and accepted, another box appears, and it says that it is redirecting, but nothing happens after that. Could you please let me know if there is an issue with the software or if there's a possible way to fix this. I'd like assistance, please.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giovanny, 

Could you please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), click on the "Sign-in" button there, and let me know if the issue persists when you try to sign in your Upwork Desktop App with your Google credentials? 

~ Avery
Upwork
bb789f85
Community Member

My upwork desktop app is not working. Please help. Tried restarting macbook, tried clearing cookies, tried logging in while the website was open in browser.  Browser is chrome. 

Hi Mashal,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share a screenshot from your end with me (please keep in mind not to grab any private details). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey here is the screenshot, it doesn't go beyond this. It's stuck on this since an hour. 

Hi Mashal,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I experienced the same problem, i solved it as stated above but when will Upwork fix this? 

Hi! I have the same problem. I disconnected my gmail account already with chrome and it's still not working.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Desiree, 

Could you please confirm if you tried logging in again on your Upwork Desktop App with your Upwork account credentials?

~ Avery
Upwork

For me, after I start the desktop app, it just shows a white screen forever, I restarted, uninstalled, off anti virus, started as admin ..still nothing, I use windows. I need help, I am starting my first job, I don't know any other way to track work time.
anoop01kamboj
Community Member

Hi All,
I'm facing a problem with Upwork Desktop App when I try to login first it ask for a loop captcha verification and after that showing a message "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." 

Hi Sanjeev,

Could you please log into your account and go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6d254020
Community Member

Hi! I just downloaded the Upwork App. It's requiring me to sign in through my Google account rather than my email. Once I add in my Google account email and password, I get the "redirecting" screen. However, it never stops "redirecting" - I never actually get in! I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling... it's just now logging me in. What do I do?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you please log into your account and go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
460e457c
Community Member

Hi!i can sign in timetracker!

ronald_pedrigal
Community Member

I'm having also problem with Desktop app. Today, it was updated, now I cannot login. It stucks on "redirecting". The app version is 5.3.3.871

up.png

Hi Ronald, 

Your issue seems to be different and I want to investigate it further. Could you please confirm if you tried logging in with your Google credentials? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I'm trying to login using my email, then it prompts me that I can use one click sign in. However, when I click google sign in, it redirects me to a google login page (which shouldn't be, else it will not be "one click sign in" ), then I enter my google credentials then it stucks on "redirecting page" (screenshot provided earlier).

I already tried re-installing the app but that doesn't solve the problem.

I have disabled Google one click sign in on my account for the mean time. Now I can sign in again.

Hi Ronald, 

I'm glad to know that this has resolved your issue. I would like to note that I have moved your posts to a thread with a related issue so that we can keep track of issues better. Thank you for your understanding.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have problem too. After the updatem starting and logging in, it says "One moment please" but nothing happens, it just loads forever. Please help. 

Tried reinstalling and turning off the Google auto sign in but I still have the same error using my desktop and laptop. 

Hi Elias,

Could you please confirm if your Google account is connected at the moment? 
If yes, go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths