🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
f7ce4af8
Community Member

Hi.

I am new to Upwork and I am trying to load the desktop app on my macbook pro. I login with my gmail account and password, the screen updates to "Redirecting, one moment please" and it just sits there and spins....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich!

You can try to install the beta version of the app that you can find on the same link. Before installing the beta please make sure to delete the current app you have installed.

Let us know if it worked!

Best,

Hugo

Thanks. It didn't work. I suspect it may be a firewall issue. Does anyone know which ports the app uses that I can open up on my firewall?

OK nix that. I just turned the fire wall off temporarily and it still sits and spins...

Hi Rich,

Could you please login to your Upwork account via browser, and kindly go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7ce4af8
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I tried that, same things...just a spinning icon. I included a screen shot, it was as soon as I put my password in after following your instructions.

Very puzzling...

Rich

Got it working!!

I went into the app and tried clearing the cache, same prob.

I then set it to "Allow system to use GPU, same issue.

When I ticked the boxes for Both "Allow System to use GPU" and "Run message as seperate processes" it worked.

Mac Config:

macOS Mojave v 10.14.6, early 2015

2.7Ghz Intel Core i5m 8GB

Hardware shown just in case soemone else has a Mac with the same issue.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rich, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

I'm glad to know that you have resolved your issue. If you need further help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

~ Avery
Upwork
f2b2401c
Community Member

Hi,

I'm unable to log on to time tracker app using google login. it keeps saying "one moment please". Please find the attached screenshot.

Hi Santu,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once this is done try to log in to the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
263cd083
Community Member

Hello

I'm a freelancer and I have a Mac. I can't log in into the app because when I want to sign in with my google account, It says one moment please and the app remains on this error. It seems that it stuck in this error. 

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app.

448e8d26
Community Member

This is happening to me as well

Hi Stephen and Shayan,

Please refer to the instructions I`ve shared previously:

• Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once this is done try to log in to the Desktop app.

If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5241217b
Community Member

I just installed the Upwork Desktop App in my PC to track time for a contract. I'm trying to sign in but the app gets stuck at "Redirecting..." and nothing happens. 
I've already re-downloaded the installer, ran the installer and app in administrator mode, Added it to the firewall whitelist and restarted the computer.
Anyone having the same issue?

I have a Windows PC.

Thank you in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alejandro,

Please try to disable Google Sign-In under your Settings>Connected Services. Then try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
393a662d
Community Member

My desktop app does not let me log in to my account. I type in my email and password to log in through Google, then it takes me to a loading screen that says "one moment please..." but never does anything else. I have already tried uninstalling and redownloading the app but the problem persists. Hoping someone has a suggestion or maybe this has happened to someone else. I use Mac. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Logan,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Have the same app login problem as the others (please find the error screenshot attached).

What I've tried:

- While I faced the issue initially I hadn't google account connected. I've connected it. Tryed login with the same result.

- After it I've disconnected account at "Settings>Connected Services". Result is the same - unknown error.

- Repeat points 1 and 2 with app restarting - result is the same.

What else could be done to fix the problem?

Hi Tamara,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will investigate this further and reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2cc7d36a
Community Member

Hi All,

I am unable to login to the Upwork app using the Google Sign In feature. It hangs on "One moment please"

I am running Linux Mint 19.3

Log and Screenshot are attached.

https://pastebin.com/raw/M6tR7wnZ

upwork_client_01.png

Hi Melvin,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing this problem after this, please let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6094eed6
Community Member

Hello I just created the account via Safari and the website works fine however I wanted to download and use the mac app for time tracking etc. but I cannot seem to log in? I created the acc through google login and when I try to log in it freezes on / one moment please /. App version 5.3.3.862

I did turn off the firewall / I am not using a proxy server / I am not using a VPN I am logged in the admin acc / My mac is up to date I did try turning it off and on again 

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you for a quick reply and have a nice day

Peter

Hi Peter,

Could you please try going to your Settings > Connected Services > Disconecnting your Google account > and then logging in to the desktop app? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your reply. I did disconnect the Google login it is still not working but I was able to log in with my ID from the settings. So I will continue to use that. 

Thank you for your help

Peter

05cd551b
Community Member

I too am stuck with a Google login on the desktop app just spinning on Redirecting. Please help.

Update: fix seems to be unlinking Google through Settings>Connected Services.

78ad489c
Community Member

Hi,

I am just downloaded the upwork desktop app, but i am not able to log in into it. I keep on saying redirecting but never works.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dhruv,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
78ad489c
Community Member

Thanks It worked

fazeelhussain
Community Member

Hi,

I couldn't sign in through google on the Desktop app, it keeps redirecting and only shows one moment please, I have waited for hours to redirect it but it didn't go through. I can't log in to the desktop app and it's driving me crazy.

I have redownloaded the app again and reinstall it again but the same issue exists. I'm using windows 10 64bit.

I have also attached the image that shows continuously the same message.

Need a solution asap.

Hi Fazeel,

Could you please try going to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnecting your Google account? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8322b04b
Community Member

Hi,

I have upgraded my Upwork Desktop app and now while logging in it keeps spinning and does not log in. I am using Google account to signin. See screenshot of the issue. Any suggestions or resolution?

Hi Rudra,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Now able to login with my id. Do I need to remember the alpha numeric id
everytime I need to log in?
69928cfd
Community Member

Hello, I'm also having an issue when logging in with my Google account on the desktop app. It hangs up at "one moment please" and never gets past that. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Brian and Henk, 

Please try disconnecting your Google and account and logging in with your email or username. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aa48a708
Community Member

Hi

I have installed the desktop app and is trying to login with "sign in with google" option.   I entered the email address and password and selected "yes" on my phone to authorise the loging.

Now the login page just keeps on spinning, saying " one moment please".   

The app does not open any further.

2cc7d36a
Community Member

I installed the Upwork Desktop app on Linux Mint 19.3.

My account uses Google Authentication / Single Signon.

The app is stuck after entering my Google username and password, as seen in the screenshot.upwork_client_01.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melvin,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
pipo2draw
Community Member

Hi,

When I check the connection service, the google sign in is disabled. And I can't still used the upwork app, can't open the app.

I just sign out yesterday but when tried to signed in... it didn't open.

I install and re-install and i also used recovery - system restore lastweek because I encounter this since last week.

Thanks,

Jonathan Po

Hi Jonathan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths