🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

Hi Amber,

Could you please try unlinking your Google account as well and try logging in to Upwork Desktop App using your username and password? You can find the option to do so on your Settings page > Connected Services. Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

For the past few days, I have been trying to login in my desktop app for windows but failing everytime. I should mention that I am using google sign in feature. After inputting all the correct credentials, at the last step, the page just keeps loading but signing in. Please help solving the problem. TIA.

Hi Al,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please go to your Settings page > Connected Services and unlink your Google account? After that, try logging in to Upwork Desktop App using your username and password. Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar D,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can log in using upwork credentials. But can you tell me why is google prompt not working?

TIA

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AI, 

I can confirm that there is a bug that is affecting this feature. Please know that the team is prioritizing this issue so that it can be resolved soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hadi_niazi
Community Member

Hello  Dear

Please go to your setting and then go to connected services and remove the google account,

After this restart your app and login into app, It's works for you.

sudip_adh
Community Member

I am trying to login upwork in my desktop app. My OS is ubuntu . Whenever  I try to login , it says login with google and i follow the 2 step verification process . I do all the process and then it says redirecting and then says one moment please and is stuck in there . Help Me!

Thank you!

Hi Sudip,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once you`ve done this try to ling to the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

me. too, this is my problem. Were you able to connect already? How?

Hi Kristine,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5483bb19
Community Member

I am having trouble logging into the Upwork App since i dowloaded it. I have tried uninstalling and repeating the process but iit does not get past the "one moment" redirecting page.

Hi Lashanica,

As a workaround, could you please go to your Settings page > Connected Services and unlink your Google account? After that, try logging in to Upwork Desktop App using your username/email and password. Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Time Tracker. I already troubleshoot it following your advices to other freelancers but still the problem persist. Please help, thank you!

af154779
Community Member

As I tried to login upwork time tracker app, it show a waiting message "one moment". Afterthat it not works.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashutosh, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cfcfe008
Community Member

Hello!

I have a problem with log-in to my time tracker because I am using the Google Sing-in to log in to my Upwork account, so I can not change my account settings because of the same reason.

They are asking me to re-enter my password but when try it, it says ''please fix the errors below'' and showing that my password is invalid. I have access to my Upwork account with google sing-in since first day and don't have another password. What can I do to solve this problem? 

Please help me how you know! Thank you!

Hi Aleksandra, 

Could you please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

I tried many times. When I go to settings they are asking me to re-enter my password but I do not have a password because I am logged in with google sing-in, so I am using google password. How can I change my settings then?

i am facing the issue even after disconnecting the connected services please help me so i can login through desktop app.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello dude, You can reset your password by clicking on the forgot button
and a new password will be sent to your email address. Then you can login
and also set new password for this, if you lose your email account then
recover your email address by phone number.
k1i9d7d2o
Community Member

hi, I'm having trouble with my Time Tracker, please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jannine,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
k1i9d7d2o
Community Member

Hi! my problem still the same. Every time i open/run time tracker app it's

shows repeatedly the attached screenshots and gone without loading the app.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jannine, could you please share the OS version you're experiencing this issue on?

~ Bojan
Upwork
k1i9d7d2o
Community Member

Hi! My OS Version is * macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
k1i9d7d2o
Community Member

Hi! My OS Version is * macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for providing additional information, Jannine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1b837ab1
Community Member

why can't login time tracker my pc .i am also  disconnect (setting>connected) services but till now it's not work?

Hi Monjurul,

I checked and it seems that you still didn't disable the Google Sign-In. Please go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable the Google Sign-In. Afterward, you should be able to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm not getting your point. please share some screenshots.

I am stuck outside everything. I had  to make this duplicate profile to even be able to login to the site! I am a Premium member and I cannot
- login to app
- login to site
Asks for a code that is never arriving on sms- mobile or email... despite being both cell number and mail correct!

Ok understood! Please contact with Upwork team, they can verify your
identity and solve your issue quickly.
b54270a7
Community Member

Hi there! I am trying to login in the desktop app but it seems to be stuck on redirecting page. I have tried reinstalling the app. Tried both beta and standard version.

I solved the issue by dissociating my email address.

I am having this same problem. How did you dissociate your email?

Hi Seth, 

I had the same problem and just fixed it 

disconnect your Email sign up from Conetected service tab on your profile and then re-sign in your desktop App using Upwork - ID 

it worked with me 

regards 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seth, 

Please log in to your Upwork account through a browser. From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6bd4b850
Community Member

I have downloaded the Upwork desktop app successfully onto my MacBook Pro with OS Catalina 10.15. However, when I attempt to log in using my gmail account it gets stuck while redirecting. I have tried deleting the app and re-downloading, and restarting laptop to no avail. How do I fix this?

JoanneP

Hi Autumn,

Could you please login to your Upwork account via browser, and kindly go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths