🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
ramosjennifermae
Community Member

Hi,

My Desktop Time Tracker App is not loading. I was able to use it the other day, but now it won't open. I tried to uninstall and re-install but it didn't work. I tried removing the previous version and downloaded a new one. After installing, the App won't open. Please help!

Thanks, 

Jen

Hi Jennifer Mae,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6aed559d
Community Member

Hi,

I tried logging in to the desktop app using my google acct but it won't let me in. Just says one moment please for oven an hour now and nothing else. Pls help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Kryll, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
husnainali1122
Community Member

Hi, all my desktop is not connecting to my Upwork account please guide how to solve this issue? it's stuck at connecting please wait a moment and this moment is never-ending for me.

Hi Husnain, 

It looks like you may have logged in to your Upwork Desktop App with your Google credentials. Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

It's done now thankyou very much.
bc95d344
Community Member

Hi,

I downloaded the desktop app for windows 10. When I put google account information to log in, it doesn't log in. It just stops by showing "One moment please...", and it takes a long time. I tried several times. I also tried to put upwork.exe in the exemption list in my Antivirus, and I also put it in temporary inactive mode. 
I still have the problem, and can't log in to my desktop app. Please help me what should I do. 

Thanks,

Ali Akbarian

ali.a.akbarian@gmail.com

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
chitran8983
Community Member

Today I just downloaded upwork time tracker v5.3.3.883 then I logged in as google account but app is displayed connecting.

Please help me to fix this issue

Hi Chi,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
df4979c2
Community Member

I downloaded the app trying to login but it keeps saying connecting
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samantha,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nemonobody
Community Member

Hi, I can't get logged in into my dekstop application. I have downloaded and installed 64 bit standard version of the app and trying to login with my google account. but its not letting me login.
it keeps me showing redirect screen but doesn't proceed. I have attached the screen shot of the screen. 
kindly help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mian,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.
Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
chitran8983
Community Member

Hi team,

I installed Time Tracker desktop app v5.3.3.883 and logged in as Google account then app was displayed connecting and not accessed on it.

I tried to clear cookies and logged in as google account on Upwork site then desktop app but this issue still happened.

I also uninstalled and installed it again but this issue was the same issue.

Please help me how to fix it.

Hi Chi,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
91c082d9
Community Member

Hello! I cannot log in into my account in the desktop app.

I've tried:
1) Open app as an administrator
2) Restart my computer
3) Restart the app
4) Uninstall and install again the app
5) Also I switched off the antivirus program
6) Clean my cookies and then restart my App

All the time when I enter my e-mail and password it showing me empty window with the text "redirecting...". And that's all... nothing happened. In the browser I can enter my account easily.

I have Windows 10 (64 bit)

Hi Maria,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
johnfryalt
Community Member

I can not log in with my freelance account. It was created with a Gmail linked account. When I try to log in via email, the login page tells me that I should try logging in with my Gmail account. The next page has a button that says "login with email, but nothing happens when I click it. The same thing happens on my mobile app, as well as the main login screen.

The account I am using the send this message is a temporary one I created to try and solve his issue.

Hi John, 

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c58f4621
Community Member

Hi There,

I have download Desktop App, however I cannot log in. 

I tried first time few days ago, but still nothing changed and I don't know what is wrong.

Please help.

I joined Upwork few weeks ago. I was able to download mobile app and it is ok. My Imac version - 10.15.3

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Piotr,

~ Joanne
Upwork
c58f4621
Community Member

Hi,

unfortunately I cannot still log in to desktop app.

I hope you can help me.

regards
Piotr

Hi Piotr,

Could you please try again to log in to the desktop app and let me know if you`re experiencing the same problem? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c58f4621
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Stil it doesn't work unfortunately. 

Piotr

Hi Piotr,

I checked your account and I can see that your Google account is still connected. Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d96979e2
Community Member

Hello

I currently have an hourly project and if I recall correctly, the proper way to approach these jobs is to track your time with the desktop app. Ive tried signing in with google but it will get stuck in "please wait" after putting in my credentials.  

Is there any other way to track my time? or is there something else i can do to sign in properly and start working?

account info:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks in advance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henry,

Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hmpanizares17
Community Member

I successfully installed my desktop app for time tracker but whenever I log in, it just keeps loading, it's not logging me in.

Hi Hazel Mae,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b4feec75
Community Member

Hello, Upwork. i can't login with my google account, its just "redirecting" for eternity. I need your urgent support on this

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tochi,

Please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
87e8e21d
Community Member

I can’t log in using my desktop. The google link seems to be inactive.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

~ Avery
Upwork
18991c58
Community Member

desktop time tracker window Not working I can't log in 

18991c58
Community Member

same issue 

orangedezyn
Community Member

My upwork tracker stopped working suddenly, its not openeing up and i cant track work, this started happening since an hour now.

Same here.

Please see a screenshot of the error

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammed and Bukola,

Please disabled Google Sign-In in your Settings>Connected Services on your account and try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. Additionally, please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running, right-click on that and go to settings and logout. Once this is done, click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths