cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App Google Log In error

Highlighted
Esther G Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
321 of 766

I experienced the same problem, i solved it as stated above but when will Upwork fix this? 

Highlighted
Desiree Sarah T Member Since: Mar 15, 2020
322 of 766

Hi! I have the same problem. I disconnected my gmail account already with chrome and it's still not working.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
323 of 766

Hi Desiree, 

Could you please confirm if you tried logging in again on your Upwork Desktop App with your Upwork account credentials?

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Henry O Member Since: Aug 14, 2019
324 of 766
For me, after I start the desktop app, it just shows a white screen forever, I restarted, uninstalled, off anti virus, started as admin ..still nothing, I use windows. I need help, I am starting my first job, I don't know any other way to track work time.
Highlighted
Mervrick A Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
325 of 766

Hi, 

I'm having issues logging in to my desktop app using google. I have tried the aforementioned fixes of changing the connection but I'm unable to. This is because each time I go into settings I am asked to re-enter my password and each time I do so I'm brought back to the home page and not into settings and this is using Google chrome 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
326 of 766

Hi Mervrick,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mervrick A Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
327 of 766

Thanks, Bojan 

But as stated earlier I'm also having an issue with going into the setting. When clicking the settings icon it prompts me to enter my password after entering the password instead of being directed to the settings page it redirects me back to the freelancer home page.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
328 of 766

Hi Mervrick,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tyler R Member Since: Mar 14, 2020
329 of 766

Is there any information on why this is happening? If you are having issues with the Google SSO API, can you just tell us so we can disconnect our Google accounts and get back to work without dealing with these development issues. Better yet, turn off the feature until you get it fixed. 

Please. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
330 of 766

Hi Shahwal, Tyler, and Alexander, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try logging in to your Upwork account through a web browser, go to your Setting? On your Connected Services page, please disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please log in to your Upwork Desktop App with your Upwork credentials, and let us know if the issue persists. 

Please know that the team is aware of this issue, and they are working to resolve it soon. Thank you for your patience.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS