🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

Hi Michelle,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
genieyoung
Community Member

I downloaded the desktop app and tried logging in using username and email and keep getting "unknown error".  I am not connected to any other serves.

Hi Emogene,

Please check out this help article for some advise on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App. There is a section about being unable to log in that might be helpful to you. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I read the article and still no help

Hi Emogene,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ff9fdd05
Community Member

Still facing the same issues. Cannot login. Un-synced the google account, reinstalled the app multiple times. Tried logging-in via email and user id, same error 

This is just not professional to keep such a basic log-in issue open since 2017. 

Hi Anant,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
myckah111498
Community Member

Hi! Can I ask the assistant how I time in and time out using upwork. I tried downloading thee application also but it is not opening, tried uninstalling and installing it several times but I still cannot open it. 

Hello Myckah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
464cc431
Community Member

I've been logged out of my Upwork account and I made a new one to post this. When I enter my email on the login screen, it goes directly to the "continue with Google" screen without asking for my password. But when I try to log in with Google, it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address". It doesn't give me any other sign in method options. What should I do? I can't access my account and I have been invited by a potential client to pitch but I can't access my account. Please let me know ASAP.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elena,

It looks like you were able to log into your account just recently. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
464cc431
Community Member

Hi

This is not the email account that has issues. My main account is registered under the email address **Edited for community guidelines** and I am not able to access that account.
Since I couldn’t find a way to reach out to customer support without being logged in, I used another account (linked to this email) in order to log my query, but the other account is the one experiencing issues.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elena,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to look into this request and advise you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2197e711
Community Member

Hii there, I've recently updated my email with new one.But when i try to login with new email Id, I'm facing following issue

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi All,

Can sombody help me ASAP? I am facing a similer issue. Please refer the attached for further clarification. 

Hi Harsha, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery.

35d4b552
Community Member

My husband is having the same issue. How can he seek customer support help without being signed in...and should not create another log-in (per Upworks rules).

It's saying that his email is linked to a Google Acct, but the Google sign-in isn't working. 

Seem, Upwork added a "." (dot)  to his email which shouldn't be there as his Google email does no have a "."

Please advice.

Hi Anora,

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ Nikola
Upwork
1e266ddb
Community Member

Hi, I have a problem similar to most people, I can't login to my desktop application. Only that I do not give me the option to enter email, or password, the screen goes blank. Could you help me please

Hi Edgar,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
megjar
Community Member

Hello! I'm trying to log into my Upwork desktop app but it keeps giving me the "Unknown error has occurred" message. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips provided on the support page but still cannot log in. I have a Macbook Pro version 11.3.1. 

Any additional help would be great!

Hi Megan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
b999c1f5
Community Member

I was logged out of the time tracker. When I tried logging in again via Google sso (this is the only method allowed on my upwork account), it gets stuck loading the 2 step verification form.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shashank,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey! I've got in now after about 9hrs. The 2 step verifcation got off from the 'Loading' state and let me interact with it.

4efcfa7d
Community Member

Hi, I made a separate account just so I can ask this question. 

My original account locked me out because I updated the email to a current email. Upon trying to log in, it showed the attached image. I can't log into my account because it seems I haven't turn on google sign in, so now I have no way of accessing my account. I have a current contract i have to approve delivery but can't. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James, 

I've asked the help of the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9ad68cc1
Community Member

Hi @Avery O, can you please help me with following issue

Google account t...d@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

I've been trying to get some help in logging into my primary account. I can't log in because I can't sign in through google! Where is the help??

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Never mind, this was sorted out. Thank you. Please ignore the above topic. 

9ad68cc1
Community Member

I am facing issue while log in with google/the same email id. 

Google account t...d@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Vaibhavi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jonbonchubi
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I'm having some trouble with my Upwork desktop app. It just keeps on checking if the site connection is secure. Please see attached screenshot. This just started yesterday. Please assist. Thank you!

jonbonchubi_0-1662639145968.png

Hi Lowell,

Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Desktop App?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Yes, I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app but it didn't help. This started yesterday with the desktop app saying Connection Lost even if my internet was working. The desktop app didn't log my time for the whole shift but was taking screenshots. When I opened it today, it just stayed on the Checking if the site is secure screen.

Hi Lowell,

You can find more troubleshooting advice for the Desktop App here. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

1. Select your name at the lower left of the app
  2. Select Support and Feedback
  3. Enter the details of your issue and choose Send
~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

My desktop app is stuck on the Checking if the site is secure screen so I am unable to get to the Support & Feedback option. I tried going to this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to file a ticket but there is no text box or form where I can type in the issue or any buttons.

jonbonchubi_0-1662652935184.png

Hi Lowell,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths