🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
cohen-ronen
Community Member

Hi,
I just upgraded to the latest version of the time tracker ends with 871. and i am not able to connect.
the apps just hang for minutes saying one moment please...
any idea if there is an issue with the last version.

Hi Ronen,

Could you please log into your account and go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Once you disable this, try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I installing the time tracker in my Mac and yet still redirecting. I am not sure if working.

Hi Nestor,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error you`re experiencing on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vladalyeksyenko
Community Member

Greetings,

After the last update on the desktop app, I am not able to log in - when I just write my e-mail it says this e-mail is registered through the google - so I do that, but after typing mail and password it is just stuck in the eternal "one moment please".
And it is highly inconvenient as I can not track time with an app because of that and I am currently working with the client with hourly payment.

Thank you.

Hi Vladyslav,

Please refer to the instructions shared above and let me know if you`re experiencing the same problem after that. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ff366826
Community Member

I can't log into upwork tracker app on Ubuntu. This problem appeared yesterday. I try to login via google (can't pick the other option), give it user and password, confirm on my mobile and then upwork app shows "one moment please" for entire eternity. I removed and installed app, I've updated Ubuntu to the newest version. Nothing works. Screenshot from 2020-03-11 10-40-26.png

Hi Dorota,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a issues with the new update to the time tracker.

1. It's not logging in using Google Signin.
  2. When trying to signin what browser am I signing into? Why can't the time tracker use the token from the default browser of the computer, like Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe software etc do all the time? Why do I have to signin to a custom built browser that no one else in the indutry does. It's shady and not what I expect.
  3. Why did the new update loose my setting? I mean how hard is it to keep user settings intact? Not hard at all.

I ended up disconnecting my account from Google and then signed in using email and password, and that too, didn't go smothly as I never received the SMS on my phone and then had to get an email.

For a basic time tracking tool, this needs way too much time from the user. Upwork, hire better devlopers or Q/A guys. This update should never have went live.

sheva0801
Community Member

Hi I updated my time tracker this morning and yet still redirecting..I cant access my time tracker

Hi Mary,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Dekstop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi Goran, 

still i cant access my time tracker can you please any suggestion and/or solution so i could work with our time tracker

thanks 

Sheva

33e49e48
Community Member

Good afternoon.
I'm trying to go into the upwork desktop, but it fails.
If I enter email, gmail asks me to log in. If I try to log in via gmail, then I have an endless download after entering the login and password. Probably gmail considers the browser is not reliable and blocks the entrance, I had this in another application. What should I do?

Hi Aleksandr,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks its now working after disconnecting google acnt.

f187037d
Community Member

I'm having an issue with the desktop app where it will let me put in my credentials but when I press the sign-in button it will stay at the "one moment please" screen for hours and hours. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried the beta app and the standard 62bit app, I have a good network connection so it's not that but I can't log time in the app because I can't use the app at all. there's no existing article on this topic but I'm fairly sure its a specific issue to me as I don't see this issue happening to anyone else. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Same here.  No idea what to do since my hourly contract is waiting.

Maybe do a small test of 25 freelancers or so before releasing the next version?  O.o

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason and Ian,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread and confirm if you were able to log in or if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
charlesmabiru
Community Member

Version 5.3.3.871 does not seem to be working. I updated my desktop app yesterday and it is not working now.

manolorosendo
Community Member

Hi there,

I have updated to force to update my app yesterday because update keep on poping up on my Upwork app and after this I can't open the app and when it's open its stuckon loading screen login. Please help.

Thank you!

Regards,

Manolo

Hi Manolo,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please log into your account and go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Once you complete this, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists after this.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much.

sheva0801
Community Member

Im still getting the same issue until now..tried uninstall and reinstall but same issue.tried using username but still the same issue.please help me

sheva0801
Community Member

Im still getting the same issue until now..tried uninstall and reinstall but same issue.tried using username but still the same issue.please help me

a3f90d53
Community Member

Well, I just got on here and was surprised that my first proposal got accepted and I have work already. My issue is installing the Desktop App. I've tried multiple times, but it just freezes? and never completes the install. Install window pops up but does not complete. Ive quit the install, deleted related Upwork app files on computer, restarted my computer then attempted to download the app again. Every time it gets stuck on the installation window - ive left it for 30+ minutes and still nothing

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aa7056c2
Community Member

I downloaded the desktop app for the first time and am unable to open it. I get a notification saying that it can't be opened because Apple can't check it for malicious software. See attached.

I downloaded it from the site so it should be the most recent version. Please help.

a3f90d53
Community Member

Okay, finally got the app installed again but still having issues that I had previously. Which is after I click sign in with google account - like I do on the site - it does all googles normal verification process. Then gets here - see pic below- where it just keeps trying to redirect but nothing happens. 

fml.png

I got contacted by the support team and this is what they recommended to do and it worked: 
please go back to your Settings>Connected Services and disable google sign in this time. Then try to login again using your email address or username and your password. 

after you have fully sign in you can re-enable the google sign in normally.

37f667d3
Community Member

Hi,
My Upwork desktop app was working fine. Then i got an update yesterday and it was installed automatically. After that it asked for login again. When i entered email address. It took me to google sign-in and stuck there without signing in and showing redirecting or connecting only. Please help.
Thanks!

Hi, i am having the same problem with my app. any help?

Hi Adbelrhman,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8dc188f6
Community Member

Since yesterday my desktop app is not getting me signed in. When I try, it says redirecting--one moment please and keeps revolving , but does not signing in

Hi Aqeel,

I can see that our team is reaching out to you as we speak to assist you further via ticket. You should see your ticket on this Link as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, the same issue with the application when trying to login with google acc for me =(

Hi Valeriy,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

After last app update I also can't login through my windows desktop app with Google Login. I was trying to reinstall, but this doesn't help me.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksejs, 

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aleksejm
Community Member

Hi Avery,

It's helped to me!

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Aleksejs

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths