🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
ea9b252c
Community Member

Thank you very much

a4bfb306
Community Member

Since the last update, the Desktop App isn't loading anymore. Using Windows 10, 64-bit.

I try to log in with my Google ID and it opens an app page saying "One moment please...", but it never loads anything. It's redirecting forever. I uninstalled it and installed again a couple of times, but it keeps repeating the same process. What can I do?

Same here, I can't log in to the desktop app due to infinite loading during authorize with Google account. 

I guess it might be because you're using google sign in.

I had similar problem. I resolved it by going to the profile settings & clicking on the "Disconnect" on Google Sign-in option.

cd088c7a
Community Member

can't log in to the desktop upwork timer app, i updated it to a new version however it logs me out in the desktop app timer, when i tried to log in back it's asking me to sign in and then it would not proceed it stops on the redirecting process and never proceeds.

feaa13c1
Community Member

Hi,

I am not able to login into my Desktop upwork App. I am on ubuntu 16.04. I am logging in using Google sign-in and that gets stuck at "one moment please".

Can you disable my google sign in so that I can login directly using my upwork password?

Thanks

Solved it by going to the profile settings & clicking on the "Disconnect" on Google Sign-in option.

This also works for me, Go to Connected services then disconnected the Google Login.

Thanks

a6253c0b
Community Member

I have a problem,

I can't log in to the Desktop app due to infinite loading during login with Google account. Can you help me? Thanks,

rcasuncion
Community Member

Latest version or update of timetrackers is having a hard time to login. How can i fixed this until now (2 hrs my timetracker is still loading and connecting.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roden,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5c5ae798
Community Member

Yes, mine does same too. It keeps spinning like forever. Been happening for days now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, restarting my PC and all, using my username to log in, but they didn't do anything. 

Upwork support/admin, need your help. We need the app to track our work hours.

willieyvonne
Community Member

Good day,

I am experiencing a problem after the recent update of the timer in Upwork. I have already tested the program on another service provider as well as another laptop and the system showed the same as on my laptop. When the update was installed on my laptop, the system automatically went to google stating that my gmail address that I use, which I have used ever since I joined Upwork, "This email address uses Google Sign-In".  I then continue with Google, and go through the process with entering all the relevant passwords for Google, then the system stands still on "One moment please".  I have left this process running for the best part of two hours and still nothing is happening.  The other laptop that we tested this program on actually shows that absolutely nothing is happening on the network and nothing is downloading.  I have already not been able to log time for Thursday and Saturday, two of the days that I have been working, so I need to get this up and running so that I can get paid.  My jobs have been entered in the system so that no manual time can be entered.  I am waiting for your speedy reply.  I work in South Africa and the time at the sending of this request is 01.00 pm on Saturday 14 March 2020.  Thank you.

Hi Yvonne,

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
cupatkey
Community Member

Help i cant login my time track desktop app, but i can login smoothly into upwork site

after i login with my goolgle account it keep saying "one moment please"
even after 1 hours!

petra_r
Community Member

Wilby A wrote:

Help i cant login my time track desktop app, but i can login smoothly into upwork site

after i login with my goolgle account it keep saying "one moment please"
even after 1 hours!

logging in with Google is buggy as hell.

You may want to consider unlinking your google account in Settings > Linked Accounts and log in with your email or user name instead.

david_goder
Community Member

Hello,
I've encountered problems while trying to sign in using google Upwork support gave me some directions but the problem still persists.
here are the steps that I followed:

1. open account settings,
2. Go to security.
3. Go to the section: Apps with access to your account
4. remove Upwork from the list.
That did not solve it.
Then I removed
Upwork folder from AppData/Local directory that also did not solve it.
what are other solutions that might help?
Thanks.

Hi David,

Could you please try logging into your Upwork account through a browser, and go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7cf3383f
Community Member

Hi,

Just got the same problem with my upwork app. I just recently join upwork and downloaded the app but for some reason it will not allow me go to further after signing in. I have read the comments on this discussino but even after loging into the website and disconnecting my google account in the connected services the problem still persist. Any advice and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you didn't disconnect the Google Sign-In. Could you please go to your Settings > Connected Services and try disconnecting it again? Let me know if you are still experiencing issues with this so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi I just tried it again and followed your instructions but got the same
problem. Any other suggestions? I really need to have this work as soon as
possible.

Thanks,

Hi Michael,

Thanks for following up. I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your email. Hope to hear from them soon.

Thanks,

8ee29ebc
Community Member

It just doesn't log in. What should I do?

Hi Izaak,

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
195a7da4
Community Member

Hello. I have downloaded the desktop app, but because I created my Upwork account through my Google account, I can't login. When prompted, I select to sign in with Google, and then the window goes blank and says "redirecting" but never resolves. I noticed that others are having this issue as well, but no solution has been presented that I am able to access.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melanie, 

Could you please try logging in to your account settings through a browser, and go to your Connected Services page to disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account? Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ambunya
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm having issues logging in to my desktop app using google. I have tried the aforementioned fixes of changing the connection but I'm unable to. This is because each time I go into settings I am asked to re-enter my password and each time I do so I'm brought back to the home page and not into settings and this is using Google chrome 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mervrick,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ambunya
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan 

But as stated earlier I'm also having an issue with going into the setting. When clicking the settings icon it prompts me to enter my password after entering the password instead of being directed to the settings page it redirects me back to the freelancer home page.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mervrick,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is there any information on why this is happening? If you are having issues with the Google SSO API, can you just tell us so we can disconnect our Google accounts and get back to work without dealing with these development issues. Better yet, turn off the feature until you get it fixed. 

Please. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahwal, Tyler, and Alexander, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try logging in to your Upwork account through a web browser, go to your Setting? On your Connected Services page, please disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please log in to your Upwork Desktop App with your Upwork credentials, and let us know if the issue persists. 

Please know that the team is aware of this issue, and they are working to resolve it soon. Thank you for your patience.

~ Avery
Upwork
9c69eea3
Community Member

Hi. I tried installing the Upwork desktop app but whenever I try to log in it goes to redirect and it won't load the next screen no matter how long I wait.  I have attached a screenshot.

372c6a1f
Community Member

I am trying to log in to desktop app using google sign in. It goes to redirecting page but keeps loading. I can sign in on my browser with no problem. But app never redirects it. Kindly help in solving this issue. 

Thanks.

Hi Faisal,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thank you so much for your reply. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice week.

fe03fc17
Community Member

I can't log into my desktop app. What could be the problem? Kindly assist. It's been on "redirecting" for almost an hour now.

Hi Mutua,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared previously:

• Go to Settings > Connected Services > disconnect your Google account. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
20326f27
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I can't login with google account on Desktop app. 

Please help me how I can solve this problem.

Regards,

Artsiom

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths