🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Desktop App Problems- Can't connect
Page options
b69a582f
Community Member

Desktop App Problems- Can't connect

I'm really hoping that it's an Upwork problem, and not a problem with me, personally! Since yesterday I've been having trouble with my desktop app. I keep getting: 

UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE USER

We’re running a quick test to see why.
Reload the page to try again.

If the issue continues, visit our Help Center

I've visited the help center, and I can't sem to find the thing to help me. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or give me some advice? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b69a582f
Community Member

I am still unable to connect. It continues to say Unable to Authenticate in the middle, and Connection Was Lost at the top. It's been an endless cycle of it trying to reconnect for the last several hours. I've read over everything in the help center and don't know what to do. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b69a582f
Community Member

Thank you. Not totally sure if that worked, but I exited the app and restarted a few times and it seems to be working. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths