ruth_bowles

Desktop App Tracking Double Time

It appears that my desktop app is tracking exactly double the amount of time that I am doing. If I hover over each snap shot, it adds up to 20 minutes, but the diary says 40 minutes. 

5 REPLIES 5
katrinabeaver

The app takes a screen shot once per 10 minute segment. (6 an hour) It is best if you start at the front of this segment :10 :20 :30 etc.  It all evens out at the end. If you start at 10:08 for example, there is going to be a screen shot within 2 minutes. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Thank you for your response. I understand why I have 4 screenshots, but my "Total Time Logged" is 40 minutes for this contract, when I definitely have only done 20 minutes. You're saying that this will change? Do you have any idea when I should expect to see this change? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruth,

If it's been 40 min since you started tracking, the App will show that under "Time Elapsed." If in that time the App took 4 screenshots, then four 10-min segments will be recorded in your Work Diary. That said, you can see activity levels for each screenshot. Some freelancers delete screenshots with low activity levels that are caused by starting the App at the very end of a 10-min segment.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria, 

Both times I tracked about 10 minutes, and that is what the desktop app said. When I look at my diary, it says that I have done 40 minutes. This isn't me saying that I did 20 minutes worth of work in 40 minutes. What I saw when I stopped tracking, and what was recorded in my diary (the 40 minutes) are not adding up. 

ruth_bowles

I'm mostly afraid of deleting some of the tracked time, and then the system correcting itself somehow, and I lose more tracked time. I will leave it alone for now, and then if it says the same thing in the morning, I change it to reflect the time I know I did. 

I'm also going to try and start on the "tens" of the hour, per Katarina's recommendation.