🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Desktop App
Page options
spacedge2729
Community Member

Desktop App

My Desktop app is not opening. Please fix this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sumit,

Could you try to follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Uninstall the Desktop app
  2. Delete Upwork folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
  3. And install the Desktop app again. 

If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sumit,

Could you please confirm the operating system you're using? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Window 10

Hi Sumit,

Could you try to follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Uninstall the Desktop app
  2. Delete Upwork folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
  3. And install the Desktop app again. 

If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I have followed the troubleshooting. Still, app is not opening.

Hi Sumit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! 

Would you share what was the troubleshooting for your case?  I think I have the same issue that I cannot open my desktop app.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times.  Thank you in advance!

Hi Miki,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having trouble as well with the desktop app. I followed the troubleshooting.  I deleted the folder. I can get it to install, but the app does not fully open. I have attached the screen shot to what I see. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? Please try performing steps from the "How to completely delete the Upwork Desktop App's cache" section.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lisaanng
Community Member

I deleted the folder, I couldn't delete it before until I stopped the app from running in the background in the Task Manager. Then I reinstalled. 

Thanks

daa86366
Community Member

I could not download upwork desktop app. It says this page does not exist. I can not choose version of app.

Hi Mete,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Also, please use the supported browsers listed here. If the issue persists, please provide the OS and browser that you're using and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie! 

I bought a new computer for work today and I can't download the desktop app. It says "We can’t find this page"

Could you help me, please?

Thank you!   

Hi Gevorg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I could not download the app. It says there is no page. I could not select the version to download.

upworkDesktop1.png

upworkdesktop2.png

  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths