🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Desktop app Mac ver login error "Unknown erro...
Page options
eslam-khalil
Community Member

Desktop app Mac ver login error "Unknown error has occurred" !

Hello,

I'm having signnig  in problem for like 2 days now on my IMac and gives " "Unknown error has occurred" error!
i was having the same problem with windows but after updating to the latest the problem solved but remains in OSX.

Things i've tried but ended with fail results:
- Installed latest stable and beta ( seperatly each one at atime ) .
- Tried other connections .
- Removed any installed upwork apps then restarted and installed again .
- Checked firewalls .

Here is a screen shot with terminal and using " uuuuuu " as username , it gives the same error on any input value !

Thank you .

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steps suggetsed by Upwork support team that worked and solved the problem :

1.) Please exit the Upwork Desktop App from your system/device.
2.) Open the terminal app
3.) Then run this command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}
4) Then start again 

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eslam,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Steps suggetsed by Upwork support team that worked and solved the problem :

4) Then start again 

Not working! 

It says "No such file or directory'

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayush, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9c1c93ca
Community Member

Hi there, i am having a hard time to log in my account using the desktop application. I an using MAC. I did all the instructions online but stil it doesn't work.

Please help me. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lucricio,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good morning!

I followed every detail of the instruction you recently sent(see attached) Sad to say still not working. Same error.

Hi Catherine,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I have experienced a rather frustrating login issue with my desktop app as well. 

I have tried to run different commands via the terminal on my MacBook. I have also installed various versions of the software and removed all mentions of it on my computer. 

In addition to that, I have deleted my anti-virus software and checked my firewall settings. I've cleared the cache and I have restarted my computer after each action. 

I still end up with a system message (screenshot attached).

I've also contacted your support team, but have not heard from them yet. 

Today, I was unable to deliver work to my client or log any time for it - and I am in real mess because of this. 

Kindly advise on what I can do to sort this out.

Regards,

Wynand

Hi Wynand,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Wynand,

Same error message coming on my login screen also.

Hi Namisha,

Could you try to follow our troubleshooting steps below:

• 1.) Please exit the Upwork Desktop App from your system/device.

• 2.) Open the terminal app

• 3.) Then run this command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

• 4) Then start again 

~ Goran
Upwork
crash6446
Community Member

Seems like a lot are having the log in issues. can you post the fix here so we can all use the app? I have been going back and forth with the Upwork team for months and nothing has worked. My case number is #28838265. 

I have had to enter my time manually and I can keep doing that. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi

Please clear your system cache from libraries. I hope it will solve your
problem.
allan_m13
Community Member

I'm also still having the same issue. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Allan,

Could you try to follow our troubleshooting steps below:

• 1.) Please exit the Upwork Desktop App from your system/device.

• 2.) Open the terminal app

• 3.) Then run this command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

• 4) Then start again 

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same problem and I need to get to work on a project! Please help!

Hi Kirk, 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps shared in this post? Additionally, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I cannot login to my Upwork desktop app. My username and password is correct. So there must be an error.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Morgan,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I need help in logging in to my desktop time tracker. After numerous attempts, it says error has occured. I am using Mac and I downloaded the latest time tracker version. I tried following the instructions here but it still did not work. I am also sure I am typing the correct password.

Hi Alyssa Princess,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article?  If the issue persists, please report it following the ’’How do I report a problem?’’ section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm facing the same problem even after trying everything which was suggested in solutions. Can someone from the support team reach out? 

Hi Marija,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for your help this works for me 

Thanks! It has worked for me! Smiley Happy

worked, thank you so much for sharing!

This Terminal Command workflow worked for me.  Thanks.

Thank you! it works on my mac 🙂

SOLVED FINALLY!!!!

Thank you @Eslam K!

Quick question - can I reactivate the connected services feature? For example - Google sign in?

In trying to resolve this, I read somewhere to deactivate that feature which I did.

Hi Kingsley,

Yes, you can manage this by going to Settings > Connected Services.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Worked!

Thank you for this solution! after trying various ways and tutorials, i finally found this and it worked for me! Thank you Eslam!! All the best!

I have the same issue. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app since I haven't used it for a while, but it doesn't help. It always shows "Unknown error has occurred". Can you help me?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Narine,

Could you please follow the instructions below:

4) Then start again 

If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It still doesn't work 😞

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Narine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am experiencing the same problem. Can you help me?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members