cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app doesn't track my tasks

javi0567
Javier L Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
1 of 15

Hello, I don't know what happens but my app stopped tracking my tasks. Each time I start a new one, the counter starts, but when I stop it, it is not registered in the total time. Also It is not registered on the timesheet details of the website.

Capture.PNG

I worked and worked but the counter is always in 50 minutes.  How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 15

@Javier L wrote:

I worked and worked but the counter is always in 50 minutes.  How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance

How about you turn it ON  ? It's OFF

it is off.jpg

You can SEE it is OFF. It SAYS "OFF" .............. and see how 0h 00m have been recorded?

This is what "ON" looks like: See how it says "ON" ?? And how it is green?

it is on.jpg

The 50 minutes you see is what's been logged today (presumably you had successfully turned it on at some point earlier)

The counter at the top county how much time has been logged in teh current session, but as your tracker is clearly turned OFF it obviously isn't logging anything, hence 0h 00m and no logged time and it saying "I AM TURNED OFF,  I AM NOT LOGGING TIME."

javi0567
3 of 15

I press the ON button, and the counter starts.  Then when I finish, the counter says for example 10 minutes, but these 10 minutes are not added to the total.

Then I do anothe task, so I turn it on again. It start counting, whrn I finish i switch it off and says 12 minutes but these 12 minutes are not added to the total.

The total is always in 50 minutes

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 15

Sorry what?

Do you keep turning it on and off? What do you mean you turn it on and off?

Why would you turn it on and off?

javi0567
5 of 15

When i start a task i switch it on and when i finish it i switch it off

javi0567
6 of 15

I did at least 6 tasks (between 8-10 minutes each). I turned on and off the counter in each one. The time is counted in all of them BUT, the total is always 50 minutes.

javi0567
7 of 15

If you check this, only the 5 first tasks were registered

1.PNG

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 15

@Javier L wrote:

If you check this, only the 5 first tasks were registered

1.PNG

You are using the tracker completely wrong.

DO NOT TURN THE TRACKER ON AND OFF WHEN YOU CHANGE TASKS. JUST CHANGE THE MEMO OR ACTIVITY CODE WITH THE TRACER RUNNING.

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 15

@Javier L wrote:

I did at least 6 tasks (between 8-10 minutes each). I turned on and off the counter in each one. The time is counted in all of them BUT, the total is always 50 minutes.

Why? Are those tasks for different clients? Why do you keep turning your tracker on and off? Why don't you just change the memo?

The tracker does NOT work well AT ALL for doing tiny blips. It ONLY county 10 minute segments. Each segment is from XX.X0 to XX.X0

The segment ONLY gets billed if a screenshot happens between being turned on and being turned off. It is not designed to count individual minutes

javi0567
10 of 15

They are translations of different texts (for the same client). Well what you say has sense, I can do just one track, but now it doens't work.

If I start working now, the time is not registered in the total

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS