🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Desktop app not opening
Page options
brownmicaela
Community Member

Desktop app not opening

Hi Everyone! 

I downloaded the 64-bit desktop app for windows, but it won't open. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and after I login, nothing happens. What do I need to do?

82 REPLIES 82
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Micaela,

Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
10650d30
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I can't see any further conversation in this thread so am opening it up again. I looked at the help article. It doesn't address the issue which is that when I click on the Upwork application to open, nothing happens. I have tried opening it from different locations (i.e. from the desktop shortcut, and the application logo in the start menu). Any advice please?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2814acb1
Community Member

Hi, I also can't open my desktop app. What should I do?

Hi Stephene,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

HI, I have the same problem here. I have unistalled and installed the app again and it wont open. I need some help please I need to finish up some work immediately.

Hi Annalou,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Same problem here.

Hi Leara,

I'm not sure what OS you are using, so I'll share troubleshooting steps for both Windows and Mac. Let me know if the issue persists after trying this so that I can assist you further.

For Windows:

1. Exit/close the Upwork app
  2. Delete Upwork folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
  3. Start the app again

For Mac:

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Open the terminal app​
  3. Run this command tccutil reset All
  4. Then run this command mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello 

I'm having the same problem have deleted the Upwork folder in the AppData on Win 7 

I have uninstalled the app and installed again nothing both 32, 64 and even the beta nothing Uninstall and installing nothing is working.

And this problem started recently because before it was given properly.

But the app is working on my laptop using Win 10 but I don't code on that laptop.

I finally found a solution proposed by Marie 

<< I noticed when previously x-ing out of the app, it says the program is minimized, (not closed). I went to task manager, end task for all Upwork listed there. Got the message that Upwork needed to be closed, did I want to restart it. Click "yes". The app was closed and when I clicked on the desktop icon, the app opened correctly. >>

I did the same and it's working now

Thank you Sir, you're an angel. It works. 😊

Thank You Beryl N.

I tried your solution and now it's working properly.

Thank you this works for me for MacOs. Great job!

@Your a blessing! Thankyou2x.. it help me solve my problem :hundred_points:😀

10497b42
Community Member

Hi, I also have the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again still can't open the app. Need help. Thank you

Hi Raymond,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! The same issue with my desktop app. Installed, uninstalled, then installed again but nothing happens, still can't open the app. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sunshine Joy,

Have you tried tips Aleksandar shared in this post?

Let us know if that didn't help and we'll have our team assist you further.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same issue, desktop app won't open. I have tried all troubleshooting options listed, and none of them worked. Please help!

Hi Leah,

It looks like you were able to chat with our team and they were able to help! 

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi!

I am having this same issue. Can you please help me?

Hu Sherly,

Thank you for reporting this, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3917324c
Community Member

Hi Joanne!

My Upwork app is not opening. I've tried opening it multiple times from multiple locations, uninstalled and then reinstalled the app too but nothing is working. Kindly help me out!!

Thanks.

Hi Javeria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
14defdd5
Community Member

Hi Nik!

Can you please help me? I've been trying to open Upwork Desktop App for 4 hrs now and it's not launching after many times of uninstalling and installing. It just won't open.

I've tried End Task in Task Manager many times already but no progress.
I need this resolved asap because I just got my first job here at Upwork and my first day of work is a few hours from now.

Richelle

Hi Richelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

I have the same issue. Been trying multiple times. Uninstalled, reinstalled and End task. Still not working. Please help me. Thanks! 

Hi Blessabelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem here. Troubleshooting won't help too. Please help me out.

did you check you internet connection?

I did! Everything else seems fine. I just installed the app for the first time and it just opened up to the login window. As soon as I enter the details and press enter its starts loading and then the app closes.

Hi Zobia,

Could you please try the tips Aleksandar shared in this post? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Tried that, still not working. Everything else seems fine. I just installed the app for the first time and it just opened up to the login window. As soon as I enter the details and press enter its starts loading and then the app closes. I had installed the 32-bit standard version first then i swtiched to 32-beta to check if the problem persists and it did

Hi Zobia,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, 

Same here. I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but it won't open.

Please advise.

pixtr
Community Member

I had the same issue. Win10 OS. I noticed when previously x-ing out of the app, it says the program is minimized, (not closed). I went to tast manager, end task for all Upwork listed there. Got the message that Upwork needed to be closed, did I want to restart it. Cliked "yes". The app was closed and when I clicked on the desktop icon, the app opened correctly.  

rsardalla
Community Member

Hi Micaela, 

I do experience the same problem. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Upwork desktop for how many times but still after I logged in my Upwork Desktop won't run. I hope anyone from upwork can help me with my concern. 

Thank you! 

Best, 

Roi

Hi Roi,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I have the same problem... The biggest problem is that my job starts in about 2 hours...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members