🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Desktop app taking screenshots but no upd...
Page options
3c325a08
Community Member

Desktop app taking screenshots but no update to work diary

Good day!

So as mentioned in the title, my work diary isn't updating today despite it taking screenshots and logging my current session in the app. It was working fine yesterday but today it's not logging anything.  

It was consistently taking screen captures while I was working: 

3c325a08_0-1643104507159.png

but when I check the work diary nothing is logged:

3c325a08_1-1643104554740.png

Please advise on what to do in this case. Is there just a delay on Upwork's end on updating the work diary? or is there something I can do on my end?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Karen,

Could you try to change your internet connection and check if your time is uploaded? I would also recomend to allow for some time so that the Desktop app is synchronized with your work diary as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Karen,

Could you try to change your internet connection and check if your time is uploaded? I would also recomend to allow for some time so that the Desktop app is synchronized with your work diary as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

I would also recomend to allow for some time so that the Desktop app is synchronized with your work diary as well

I'm pretty sure I have stable internet connection, so I guess I could wait before contacting support. How much time do you recommend for me to wait for it to update? Usually it updates instantly, I'm just not sure what's wrong this time

Hi Karen,

You can wait for an hour or two so that everything is updated. Changing the internet connection can also help with uploading your time. 
However, if your time is not uploaded after an hour or two feel free to submit a support ticket from the app directly. To do this click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My work diary has been updated now. Not sure if there was just a delay in the uploading or restarting the app fixed it since the work diary got updated when I did that. 

Anyways, thank you Goran! 

timea22
Community Member

I have the same issue but my app isn't even responsive, I can't even contact support from the app. It's been over 7 hours now...

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Timea,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members