🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Desktop notifications...or something
Page options
audeco
Community Member

Desktop notifications...or something

Hi, y'all!

So I was wondering: how come Upwork never thought about implementing a notification system for when we receive messages? Because there's no way to know when it happens right now. Not enough people bothered by the fact that you have to manually check them out every 10min? Or does it exist and I didn't find it?

If I'm focused on doing something else and a client sends me a message that I only see 2 hours later, it does not really serve me well....doesn't serve me at all even. It would be nice to have a notif popping up.

5 REPLIES 5
mipaparazzi
Community Member

I recieve notifications both from the destop app and email when the messages are sent. I guess it could be some settings in your profile( For the email notifications) for the desktop app sometimes I don't get it immediately. 

I don't use the app, but I do receive an email. But from time to time, there is a delay and I get notified way later that I've received a mail from Upwork. That's why I was thinking about those popup desktop notifs. The type that would ask you if you want to allow Upwork to access tour browser or something.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi, Aude.

I receive email notification from Upwork every time I receive communication from actual and potential clients on Upwork.

See here to set this up for yourself: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067708-Manage-Notifications

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aude,

Could you please clarify if you’re referring to desktop notifications for Upwork Desktop App? You may want to check the notification settings. But also please note that notifications are only sent for unread messages, so if you have Messages open somewhere in the browser, it may register new messages as read and therefore not send notifications.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Aude C wrote:

Hi, y'all!

So I was wondering: how come Upwork never thought about implementing a notification system for when we receive messages? Because there's no way to know when it happens right now. Not enough people bothered by the fact that you have to manually check them out every 10min? Or does it exist and I didn't find it?

If I'm focused on doing something else and a client sends me a message that I only see 2 hours later, it does not really serve me well....doesn't serve me at all even. It would be nice to have a notif popping up.

They have that. I don't know why you don't get the pop-up. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths