🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Device is not recognized
Page options
bhuttaamna
Community Member

Device is not recognized

Hi there. 

Actually the problem is that I use upwork on my laptop. I have logged in to my upwork account and check the box of "remember this device" so that I dont have to answer the security question. But from last two days I am getting this issue that I can login to my upwork account but every I do so I have to answer the security question and get an upwork notification "A recent sign-in to your Upwork account (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) from an unknown device or browser." whereas it is the same device everytime. 

I am not able to understand this issue. Kindly help me. 

57 REPLIES 57
NikolaS

Hi Amna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a5410145
Community Member

I'm also experiencing this problem

Hi Baris,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
269922c1
Community Member

I am experienceing the same issue,, i need to login every time and answer the security question everytime as it says upwork does not recognise the device.

Hi Anuj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

~ AJ
Upwork
d20a44d4
Community Member

I too am experincing this issue.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cc63080d
Community Member

This has been happening on my account for more than 2 years lol. How can Upwork fix this? It is really annoying that it never recognizes my device. I only use 1 device when I log in to Upwork, well except my mobile phone, I have Upwork on my mobile phone and this login is never a problem. 

Can somebody from the Upwork team reach out to me as well?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Its probably because your phone doesn't block tracking cookies.

33ab3a53
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same problem. 

Hi Riezl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hypercelis01
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue its really annoying to always typed the security code. I'm only using one device whenever I logged in. 😞

Hi Joel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d861d16d
Community Member

noting

the3dguru
Community Member

The problem with this, as with so many websites, is that Upwork uses a lot of third party systems. Generally, its those systems that cause problems. One example is that I can't edit my settings without turning off my anti-tracking plugins because that page sends data to Amazon. If Upwork didn't rely on third parties so much there wouldn't be quite so many problems.

jmqramirez92
Community Member

same problem

Hi Jan,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jeffreyae
Community Member

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issues as well, and it is a bit frustrating having to log in like this every single time

Hi Jeffrey,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Amna, use the Google Chrome browser and set to remember your information. Thanks!

wrenturtle613
Community Member

I am having this issue as well, just opened the account last week so wasn't sure if it was normal or not.

Hi Wren,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
39977dcc
Community Member

Hi there. I am also having this issue and continuously recieve email notifications about an unrecognized login in my account.

Hi Eliana,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
guidangelo
Community Member

I have the same issue. Can anybody help?

Hi Guillermo,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
623f12af
Community Member

Have the same issue. Could anybody help me with this? Thanks!

Hi Volodymyr,

Thank you for your message. We may be unable to recognize a sign-in attempt when you’ve cleared your cookies, updated your browser, using a VPN or are logged in under private browsing mode. Could you please try reverting to your previous settings and let us know if the problem persists?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bb1cdf29
Community Member

Same problem here.

Hi Emil,

~ AJ
Upwork
irou_art
Community Member

Me too. Too bad they don't give an answer on how to fix the problem and istead reach out indivdually.

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear how you feel. While most queries are answered in the community itself, sometime we may need to involve our support team to escalate your concern to the relevant team for further investigation. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c9fb62c0
Community Member

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue.

Hi Donald,

~Andrea
Upwork
777a34e6
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same problem, please I need help with that

Hi Anass,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
48cb002c
Community Member

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue

Hi Enxhi,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members