🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did 50 percent work, client does now need it ...
Page options
1e2956d1
Community Member

Did 50 percent work, client does now need it anymore

I have a contract for video editing, with the full project milestone of 25 dollars. There was no due date with the milestone but the client wanted the 1st draft of the video in 2 days.

I delivered the video, but the client did now respond for a few days. I left a gentle reminder that was she able to check the video. 2 days later she replied that she she will check it and again dissapered. I did not bother her after that becuse there was not due date so I felt I have nothing to lose here. Now after 10 days, she messaged me that, she has re-recorded the video and is doing the editing herself. though she will still review the video so that she can contact me for any future projects.

What should I do? I invested a few hours working on the video and i feel that i should be paid for it. But i did not finish the video so, I cannot submit work for payment. and don't want a bad review too...

If I don't do anything and the milestone is just hanging there, will it affect my Jss?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If a client hires me to work on their behalf using a fixed-price contract, then the client funds an escrow payment to pay me for my work.

If I have done 50% of the work, and the client is not around, then I click the "Submit Work for Payment" button, and edit the dollar amount to 50% of the escrow payment.

BUT NEXT TIME:
Set up your fixed-price milestones so that they do not require communication or approval from this client.

If there is any communication or approval necessary, then schedule that BETWEEN milestones.

That way you will always be able to to receive ALL of the money in escrow payments even if the client does not communicate with you. Even if the client dies. Or sails around the world without Internet access.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
1e2956d1
Community Member

can someone offer some advice?

Did you submit via the get paid button? If not, then do so. If escrow is funded she will either have to ask for revisions or pay it. You should be paid for your work. 

I am not sure if I should do that because I have not finished the project

If a client hires me to work on their behalf using a fixed-price contract, then the client funds an escrow payment to pay me for my work.

If I have done 50% of the work, and the client is not around, then I click the "Submit Work for Payment" button, and edit the dollar amount to 50% of the escrow payment.

BUT NEXT TIME:
Set up your fixed-price milestones so that they do not require communication or approval from this client.

If there is any communication or approval necessary, then schedule that BETWEEN milestones.

That way you will always be able to to receive ALL of the money in escrow payments even if the client does not communicate with you. Even if the client dies. Or sails around the world without Internet access.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members