cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I work for free?

solcito22
Sol S Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
1 of 8

The client is not responding but the money is ON ESCROW.I´ve just realized his payment method is not verified.What should I do? He didn´t answer any more since I sent the final presentation.

mystudiomke
Community Guru
Lila G Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
2 of 8

Did you send the final presentation through that milestone? If so, that money will be release to you in 15 days. 

If not, send it through the milestone. 

Lila
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 8

Hi Sol,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 8

Sol:

You already clicked the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

Now just wait.

Don't click the button again. Don't send messages to the client. Do nothing.

If the client does nothing, then ALL of the money in escrow will be released to you AUTOMATICALLY.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8
@Preston H wrote:

If the client does nothing, then ALL of the money in escrow will be released to you AUTOMATICALLY.

Not when the client never verified their payment method...

Everyone who replied, including the member of staff, missed the fact that the client's payment method is unverified.

not verified.jpg

If the clients payment method was unverified when the contract started the funds can never be released unless the client verifies their payment method.

solcito22
6 of 8

That was my fear =(

I´ve already did what everybody said.... So, this means I won´t get paid for this job, am I right?

I can´t believe it...

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 8

Hi Sol,

I checked this for you and your Client's payment method is verified, you can check this by going the original job posting and check the right side where you can find the information about the client!

~ Bojan
Upwork
solcito22
8 of 8

Thank you so much Bojan!

Upwork told me it wasn´t, may be he verified it recently. It is great news, thank you so much!

Thank you ALL!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS