marksudell
Community Member

Did Not Receive Money

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you initiated today was just successfully processed on our end. Processing time varies from bank to bank but usually takes between 2 and 5 days. Please get in touch with us if the funds are not deposited in your account eight days after the withdrawal was initiated.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just spoke with my bank. That is not true. As soon as it clears on YOUR end, it becomes available immediately at my bank.

I am attaching both a PDF of the written transcript and a JPG.

So, now I'll ask again, if it was as you say, "successfully processed", theyn why is it not in my bank account?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Mark:

Today is August 19.

On what day did you initiate the withdrawal from your Upwork account?

I saw that it was available on Upwork yesterday evening August 18th around 6pm PST.

That may have already been August 19th in the time zone it was processed since I didnt expect it to be available until Wednesday the 19th.

But I withdrew it then. I am attaching a screenshot of the email from Upwork.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Mark -

When I withdraw money from Upwork, it always takes two days. I.e., if I withdraw on a Wednesday, it is in my bank on Friday.

Never 5? ...or three or four?

My bank says they have no waiting period. Its CitiBank, just FYI.

Mark - I can't speak for anyone else but for me it has always been two days like I said. I think you should have your money tomorrow.

Again, just FYI - My landlord is thrreatening eviction. I told them Wednesday (today) for sure. 

So the difference between 2 days and 5 days is huge. 

Further, if my bank says it's immediate for ACH accounts and I proved it with documentation, I think I have a right to ask questions.

Mark, different banks take different amount of time.

There is a waiting period. Your understanding of how this works was incorrect when you thought that this is instantaneous.

It takes 36 hours for my withdrawals to be processed to my Chase bank account.

Your bank (Citibank) DOES have a waiting period. What they told you - that there is no waiting period - is "correct" from a limited perspective, but it is incorrect when one is referring to the complete money transfer path.

There is nothing that you can accomplish by contacting your bank or Upwork Support at this point.

Your money is on its way to your account. If you would like me to talk to your landlord, I am willing to do so.

Hi sir. Sorry to interrupt, I have a concern. Why I can't able to add billing method? Every time I go to billing method in settings it says "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page" I tried so many times

Hi Liberty,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths