🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did Upwork make changes to client preferences...
Page options
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Did Upwork make changes to client preferences?

As the title says - Did Upwork make some recent changes to the preferences on client job postings?

I came across a job that would be an excellent fit for me to do and went to submit a proposal.  As I am about to press submit, I notice that the button is grayed out and that the notification on the top of the screen says I do not meet the client's preferences.

Normally, I am still able to submit proposals, even when I don't meet all of the client's preferences.  I have even secured several contracts with clients who had these preferences in place.  What is the worst that someone can say?  No?  At best, they change their mind and I win another job.  

The question is, has this client preference changed so that freelancers are now completely locked out of submitting a proposal if we don't meet all of the client's preferred criteria?  If so, when did this go into effect?

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Jeremiah.

Thank you for your message. I would like to confirm that there are no changes made to submitting proposals for the job with specific client preferences. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the job link?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members