🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did get work from the client
Page options
trishan_1999
Community Member

Did get work from the client

Hi There. A contract was signed with the client after I did a sample work (Gave very bad feedback to one of the hotels). Then, he funded $10 dollars to Escrow but is not willing to give me the actual work despite several reminders. I have already flagged the job as inappropriate. Will it affect my JSR if I end the contract or should I wait for the 14th day to get paid?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tristan, those of us who are regular Forum participants see freelancers who are confused about how to use Upwork properly to get paid... well, we see that sort of thing every day. So it isn't particularly interesting.

But this whole hotel review thing is not something we see discussed in the Forum. So that is why you garnered some interest about that topic.

So there are two completely separate topics at play in this thread... one that you are interested in, and one that Forum participants would like to know more about.

Don't be surprised at questions about that.

But I would like to set that aside for now and see if I can answer any remaining questions that you have about the proper use of the Upwork platform.

re: "It already crossed deadline on 28th and I cannot submit anything as my work as no work was assigned to me?"

The "deadline" is displayed on the job contract page. But it does not mean anything. Upwork does not use it. If a client hired you and did not assign you to do anything, then clearly the deadline means nothing to him.

Upwork does not penalize you for not submitting work by that date.

re: "he funded $10 dollars to Escrow but is not willing to give me the actual work despite several reminders. I have already flagged the job as inappropriate. Will it affect my JSR if I end the contract or should I wait for the 14th day to get paid?"

Well... you are not supposed to accept a contract if you don't know what the work is. I never accept a fixed-price contract until I have already received all of the information I need about the task AND received all of the input files necessary to complete the task.

If you don't even know what you are supposed to do, and you already flagged the job as inappropriate, then you should close the job yourself. Will this negatively impact JSS? Probably not. Because it sounds like the client is never going to respond. And Upwork will probably take the job down. So this is not going to affect your JSS.

Which is sort of irrelevant, because you don't know what work to do, so even if it affects JSS you really need to close the contract.

I want you to succeed as an Upwork freelancer. If you have any questions at all, feel free to post your questions here in this thread.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
parmarkeyur084
Community Member

Hello Trishan,

As per my opinion you should have to wait till 14th day, and if they raised refund request, then you don't have to do any thing, because you are right and you can show proof of work that you did, and if they raised a dispute then the Upwork meditation team will reach out to you to sortout this matter. so, don't worry!

I hope it helps!

Thank you!

Will my Job Succession Rate not be hampered?

What if they give me poor private rating. This would affect my JSR right?

petra_r
Community Member

Trishan R wrote:

A contract was signed with the client after I did a sample work (Gave very bad feedback to one of the hotels).

Is that a hotel you stayed in?

Otherwise, why would you give "very bad feedback" to it?

whatever, Should I end my contract or wait?

I am worried my JSR will be hampered.

Trishan R wrote:

whatever,

"whatever"?

With a bit of luck, Upwork will take action and remove fraudsters from the platform permanently.

So you're worried about getting an undeserved bad review, when you just wrote an undeserved bad review for another business? How ironic.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

That is terrible. What was so bad about that hotel? Explain in detail. 

Forget about the Hotel.

How do i get it solved? It already crossed deadline on 28th and I cannot submit anything as my work as no work was assigned to me?

I really do want to know about that hotel. 

Why did you write a bad review? Was that the work you were paid for? 

The Client asked me to that as sample. 

Was that posted as a review for the hotel?

Is it wise to say on puplic forum that you took a job to slander a business?

astepanov83
Community Member

That's karma.

Next time choose carefully who you work for and what you do.

How do i get it solved? It already crossed deadline on 28th and I cannot submit anything as my work as no work was assigned to me?

Tristan, those of us who are regular Forum participants see freelancers who are confused about how to use Upwork properly to get paid... well, we see that sort of thing every day. So it isn't particularly interesting.

But this whole hotel review thing is not something we see discussed in the Forum. So that is why you garnered some interest about that topic.

So there are two completely separate topics at play in this thread... one that you are interested in, and one that Forum participants would like to know more about.

Don't be surprised at questions about that.

But I would like to set that aside for now and see if I can answer any remaining questions that you have about the proper use of the Upwork platform.

re: "It already crossed deadline on 28th and I cannot submit anything as my work as no work was assigned to me?"

The "deadline" is displayed on the job contract page. But it does not mean anything. Upwork does not use it. If a client hired you and did not assign you to do anything, then clearly the deadline means nothing to him.

Upwork does not penalize you for not submitting work by that date.

re: "he funded $10 dollars to Escrow but is not willing to give me the actual work despite several reminders. I have already flagged the job as inappropriate. Will it affect my JSR if I end the contract or should I wait for the 14th day to get paid?"

Well... you are not supposed to accept a contract if you don't know what the work is. I never accept a fixed-price contract until I have already received all of the information I need about the task AND received all of the input files necessary to complete the task.

If you don't even know what you are supposed to do, and you already flagged the job as inappropriate, then you should close the job yourself. Will this negatively impact JSS? Probably not. Because it sounds like the client is never going to respond. And Upwork will probably take the job down. So this is not going to affect your JSS.

Which is sort of irrelevant, because you don't know what work to do, so even if it affects JSS you really need to close the contract.

I want you to succeed as an Upwork freelancer. If you have any questions at all, feel free to post your questions here in this thread.

trishan_1999
Community Member

Thank you so much Preston. You were of so much help to me. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members