cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not pay me

Leah Mariae E Member Since: Apr 4, 2012
1 of 11
*****did not pay me, so don't trust him, don't be fooled about his Payment Verified. I am not the only one who experienced this. My job for him is to send 1000 emails. After I finished the job for about one day, I informed him on skype, his last words was "I'll check" and after that he log out and never answered again. I was fooled on his PAYMENT VERIFIED. Just a waste of time and effort. *[Removed by Admin]
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
2 of 11
Dont work on fixed contracts. They are not guaranteed. Only hourly contracts are. This is how the shady clients get away with free work. Good luck on getting Odesk to pay you. If a company is honest,they should have no problems paying you an hourly rate that equates to the fixed price. For example if it will take you 5 hours, and this is a $5.00 per hour job. That equates to $25.000. When people stop working the fixed jobs, the less we will see of them. Odesk should just remove that option. Again another example how the client is more important to Odesk than the freelancer. Cheers.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 11
Why do people have to be so black and white about things?? "Don't ever do fixed jobs, and your world will be OK and you'll be a better person for it.." there are advantages and disadvantages of both kinds of jobs and it's up to the freelancer to weigh them up and then make business decisions based on their own risk assessment. I swing between fixed and hourly jobs quite easily, and with approx. 50 fixed jobs under my belt there's only one who hasn't paid me (yet...but there's still time). I ask for upfront on bigger jobs or new clients. If they've got a good history and it's a small job I take the chance. Needless to say I maximise the chance of getting paid by doing a superlative job So check the client's feedback, turn your radar up full, weigh up the chances, and then decide. There are relatively few things in this life that really warrant the word "never"
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
4 of 11
As a very green newbie, I'm more comfortable with fixed jobs at the moment. The whole game is new to me and I don't have a lot of confidence yet - this is the first time I have had to compete with a whole world of freelancers. Fixed price jobs give me the opportunity to get familiar with the whole virtual client system without having to stress about how long I'm taking.
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
5 of 11
"Why do people have to be so black and white about things?? "Don't ever do fixed jobs, and your world will be OK and you'll be a better person for it.."" Wow LOL. Really. People complain about the jobs not paying. Think they will get Odesk to pay them. New contractors, have no clue how to bid on the right fixed jobs. I do them as well. But also know which clients are likely to pay. New contractors, have no exp, they will end up burned. So instead of blasting what someone else has to say, maybe you cold afford some of your experience with your love of fixed jobs, and help out those that want to do them. If you have no concept how to protect yourself in the online predatory world of freelance work, NEVER is always a good word. Cheers
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 11
"If you have no concept how to protect yourself in the online predatory world of freelance work, NEVER is always a good word." then (re fixed jobs) " I do them as well"...... "Maybe you cold afford some of your experience with your love of fixed jobs, and help out those that want to do them." a) Who said I loved them?...a job's a job.. b)Like I said - turn your radar up full, check the client's feedback and weigh up the risks. I think that's a bit more helpful than "don't do it" Cheers
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
7 of 11
"New contractors, have no clue how to bid on the right fixed jobs" That statement is a very generalised. Being new to freelancing does not make one ignorant to other aspects in life.
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
8 of 11
I do fixed price jobs all the time. In fact, I prefer them over hourly jobs. I don't like working "on the clock". If you ask for an upfront payment, you will usually be fine. I usually ask for 50% upfront before I start a job. So far, I've had no trouble getting paid.
Emily F Member Since: Dec 14, 2013
9 of 11
I'm sorry to read about this. But let me seize this opportunity to add one more Freeloader to the list. ** is one of those who obviously enjoy getting the tasks submitted but when it comes to payment, PooF! Vanished! If anyone comes across this Client, just remember this post today. ** = Freeloader. P.S: A freeloader is basically someone who takes advantage of what you can offer without anything in return. *"Removed by admin"
Lady Jane A Member Since: Nov 5, 2013
10 of 11
I have experienced the same thing but i do not want to put anyone in the bad light. I have requested a contract to be ended that i have with a client that i am not doing a job this couple of weeks and he had mailed back saying that he was sorry, he got sick and be paying me for the job. He had ended it and declared that had paid me $40 that was never in my pending earnings or can be seen in my transaction history. This really bothers me right now. He was also a verified member and has verified payment history. Yet, i guess, it really does not matter and will never be considered okay, whether the client is a verified one or if the fixed price rate looks good,if the payments that you have both agreed upon never took place. I cannot file any disputes as he had removed the team and i am also having second thoughts of giving him a feedback about this, knowing that i can also be removed. I have mailed him about this and if he is honest and a good person as most of his feedbacks says, then there's a possibility that he would pay me but if not.. I will definitely CHARGE IT TO EXPERIENCE, as everyone around here says..
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS