🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Got hired, job done, connects not returne...
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

346 REPLIES 346

Hi Lahiru,

I want to clarify that Connects are returned under certain circumstances. In the following cases, the Connects you used to apply for a job will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project's post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service.

You can learn more by visiting this help article

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi , hope you are doing well. I just have a request to Upwork to please restore the connects of the freelancer also when the job gets expired due to inactivity, as it's not the freelancer's fault, client should be active after posting the job. This step will really help freelancers especially those who are already struggling to get jobs and cannot spend much on purchasing connects. I know that Upwork gives 10 free connects every month but that is not enough as mostly jobs require 16 connects. Please do consider this request. 
I shall be very grateful to you. 
Regards,
Aaminah Ali

You are right!

7dc124c9
Community Member

Well, because of the minority of cheaters the rest of us have to suffer...

And I guessed that's the main reason why connects now have doubled

Not cool

murari_s
Community Member

Many thanks for your kind notification. thanks again

e1cfc2ce
Community Member

If there is no feedback for a long time after submitting the application, and the customer does not reply or check the application for more than 24 hours or even more than 10 days, it is very important for the new person to return the Connects I spent.

Hi Tony,

We certainly understand your concern and how important these Connects are primarily for new Upwork members. However, please remember that we only return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring (This does not apply to expired job posts) or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can learn and understand more about Connects by visiting this help article

~ Arjay
Upwork
jpb555
Community Member

Arjay there are too many people gaming Upwork in many ways, why is it that you don't shut down other things like people paying a $5 fixed price for work? It seems Upwork only knows how to make life here hard for freelancers? 

3d292636
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I've had the same problem and due to jobs increase in connects(mostly 16), not rewarding would be very costly for freelancers wanting to find a job and sending a proposal.

What do you suggest instead of awarding connects after the interview to be rewarding for us freelancers?

Kind Regards,

Sara

sohag13
Community Member

I am also not getting the connects after 48 hours has gone. Please help me.

d4924eff
Community Member

Sometimes some people try to come up with a workaround or gaming the system... So please do the honest thing and don't stop rewarding genuine people who deserve.

This is freelancing. If you don't get hired, no matter how you work, you don't get your investment returned. Nowhere in freelancing do you have your investment returned. Why do you think you "deserve" to have your connects returned, when you failed to get the job?

933dce91
Community Member

Me also I will be very thankful if you so

bbc84420
Community Member

What i created my account recently and i didn't get any free connect

Yes. I didn't receive a refund after my interview, and I would like a refund.
Alan Malatamban Alcuizar

Hi Alan,

Are you referring to having Connects returned after interviewing with a client? We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b0890745
Community Member

Yes. Noted sir Arjay. Thanks!

Alan Malatamban Alcuizar
a2d5aeaf
Community Member

Hello,
My name is Sanjida Afrin a new member of the upwork family. Recently, I interviewed a valuable clients but I did not get any reward connect from Upwork.
As I am new at Upwork, I have limited connects and can't apply for any job.

Please if you investigate this problem, I will be glad to you.

Best Regards,
Sanjida Afrin

Hi Sanjida,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. For more information, please see this Product Update

I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that you have received 30 additional Connects for Rising Talent achievement on your Upwork account. You can check the Connect History page to check your balance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a77045c6
Community Member

connects.pngdone.pngHi,

Is there any change with Upwork policy again regarding Refunded Connects for Connects Award and Awarded Connects?

I paid 6 Connects to send the proposal, and I should get 6 Refunded Connects and 4 Awarded Connects, a total of 10 Connects. It's been over 2 weeks now, but I haven't received the 10 Connects yet.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

-Apinia

They mostly don't give connects now and is thing of the past now.

Hi Nabeel, thank you for your response and advice.

"thing of the past now", but I received the Refunded Connects on Feb 10, please see attached image.

Feb.png

Yes, thats why wrote mostly. I also used to receive but haven't received in 6 months now but many new comers and some relatively older ones still receive them.

Sorry 

What to do 

What do you mean, Harshani, what's wrong?

When does the upwork return the connects?

sajal36
Community Member

I beleve they refund in 24-48 hours. If not done, than raise the support ticket.

yofazza
Community Member

Sajal, iit's way over 48 hours.

But anyways, mods have written here in many ocassions about Upwork no longer giving free connects for every  interview won, or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded.

They even doesn't say anything about "established clients" anymore (previously they said the bonus connects will be given after interview by established clients).

> but I received the Refunded Connects on Feb 10

I also get 10 connects in my past 2 interviews. It's good to have them, but don't excpect them.

a77045c6
Community Member

For me, it's not about good or not good, expect or not expect. All is about the policy. If Upwork issues any policy, it should be done.

I need to hear from Upwork Team.

Hi Apinia,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. For more information, please see this Product Update

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

What is the standard to give or not give?

On Feb 10, Upwork gave me the Refunded Connects 10 in total, but 4 days later things changed. Upwork came out to answer the freelancer "We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won, dot dot dot".

I'm speechless, dry laugh 🤔

The Product Update mentions : ¨we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won, and we are no longer disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases

So you won't know what the standard is.

a77045c6
Community Member

Thank you so much Sajai, I will raise the support ticket. 😊

701d0fbe
Community Member

i do the job give me some work 

This happens many times with me too

zoaiaaliasif
Community Member

Hi, 

I haven't received my connects back two times when I applied to the jobs and received a message from the client.

One job was 2-3 weeks ago.
One is just now.

what do you?

Hi Zoaia,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks a lot!
But that's unfair with newbies.
I did receive 10 free connects for the recent job but not for the interview 2 weeks before

Sadly, I didn't receive free connects too when I was hired. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths