🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connects not returned/refunded
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

358 REPLIES 358

Sadly, I didn't receive free connects too when I was hired. 

Hi Sheryl,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Ajay 
Can you please review my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01199d8a173016e739

Wow

kdesign21
Community Member

I need a help!

Few days ago I had 2 interviews but I didn't get free connects, why?

Hi Kushh G!

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive any free connects after your interviews. Upwork offers freelancers free connects on a monthly basis to submit proposals for new projects.

If you did not receive any free connects, it could be due to one of the following reasons:

You may have already used up all your free connects for the month.

Your account may have been inactive for a while, and Upwork did not provide you with free connects.

Upwork may have changed its policy on providing free connects.

If you are unsure about why you did not receive any free connects, you can contact Upwork support for more information. They can help you understand your account's status and provide you with more details about your account's specific situation.

I hope this helps! Best of luck with your proposals and interviews.

If you look other day post in community forum, Upwork support have confirmed that they are not reimbursing connect for job interview.

3511b6aa
Community Member

Hi Upwork team
Did Not Get Free Connects
about 2 days ago i apply for a job and got interviewed  even get hired but didn't get free connects 
please help
please Check Thanks
Job is under 

Adjust picture to a Passport photo

Hi Majid,

Please note that we no longer award free Connects for every interview won or disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Check out the product update for Connects for Interviews Won for more information.

~ Joanne
Upwork
marksigue20
Community Member

Hi,

I got interviewed by two potential clients and one hired me. The problem is, I haven't received any connects after getting hired. Please help me about this, thank you.

Hi Mark,

You don't get connects back when you get hired for a job. More connects can be purchased if needed. Have a great day!

Hello Mark,

Please note that we no longer award free Connects for every interview won or disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Check out the product update for Connects for Interviews Won for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1bd393b4
Community Member

I have'nt received any connects after got answer to the purposals. Its been 36 hours now and no rewards are shown in the connects history

4ca1ea5b
Community Member

I recall receiving bonus connects for agreeing to interview for jobs however that seems to have disappeared.. anyone else notice this?  I have had several interviews yet no bonus connects for at least the past several months.

Greetings Michael,

The feature to recieve connects upwork interview has been removed from upwork a while ago.

Currently the only way you will get connects back is if the job was closed by the client which rarely happens. Regardless sometimes clients do close jobs and you do get connects refunded in that case.

Hope this helps.

Best 

Haris.

We can still receive bonus connects when we send a proposal and it eventuates in an interview, not when we receive invites and accept the interviews related with such invites.

dan1307
Community Member

Soooo.... while upwork comunity constantly complains about how things on upwork got, upwork still makes things worse for freelancers? What is the logic behind that? I also don't find it hard to automatically close jobs that haven't had any hires. Do you guys know if any upwork stuff are watching freelancers forum?

yofazza
Community Member

Unless they change something (like completely remove the bonus connects) lately that I'm unaware of, I don't think closed jobs are the only way to get connects back right now. I think it was something like this:

No more free connects for every interview won, and no more disclosing of the number of Connects rewarded.

They once said something about "established clients" where we can still get connects from.

past several months.

I still got them in my last 2 jobs last month, 10 each, both clients are "established".

It's good to have them, but just don't expect them.

4ca1ea5b
Community Member

Wow.. seems lots has changed on Upwork and NOT in favor of freelancers... costs more connects to reply to a job, no more free connects, etc.  Seems Upwork is ascribing to the "death by a million lashes" business strategy.

Sad to see this happening as without freelancers, they have no business so they might want to look at their strategy and ensure it adds value to freelancers, not just shareholders.

it is getting very difficult for new freelancers, I just completed one job and now no free connect, and more connects required to apply for a job.

795f47ad
Community Member

A few days ago I sent a proposal for a job then the client sent me a message but I am not receiving the free 10 connects. This has happened to me before.

Hi Yasin,

~ AJ
Upwork
c2664131
Community Member

I was not rewarded with connects even if I won almost 3-4 proposals. Almost all job posts are expensive as 8 connects has to be spent, Even If I have 40 connects left I can only apply for 5-6 jobs.
This brings discrimination to a small freelancer like me. Now I won interviews I at least expect to get my connections back so that I can apply further. Now I don't have connects left, I don't have $$ left,I can't issue money to my Upwork account from Nepal bank because of a foreign reserve issue.
This makes me helpless. 
I expect connects award after winning interviews.

Since September 2022, Connects are no longer awarded for every interview won. You can see the details below.

Connects for Interviews Won - Upwork Community

alex-nemchyn
Community Member

I was recently interviewed, there was a hiring.
But the connections haven't been restored.
Any advice you can give me?
Thank you.

osama_69
Community Member

HI there, 

I didnt receive my 10 connects after being invited for interview. Please solve this asap. Thanks

e4363c3d
Community Member

Hi there,

Recently, i have got 3 response from my clients and currently having a contract with 2 clients, but i didn't receive any free connect, do you know the reason why?

osama_69
Community Member

Hi Nikola, recently i have been interview for the job but i didnt recieve my 10 free connects which are awarded for interview. Please resolve the issue. Thanks

d1b3675e
Community Member

Hello, I applied many jobs but clients didn't give any answers with message but still I can see their job posts so I spend many connects but I can go forward and I don't know why? 

Is there any reason about they don't send any message to mine as an answer 

thank you

ziacosmo
Community Member

Hi Annie Jane,
I fully agreed about this situation, because I am also a new member of Upwork.
I joined Upwork in Mid of February-2023 and in this duration, I won a bid and completed the assigned work of the client's Blog/Article of 2000 words as on 7th March 2023.
At the time of joining, I came to know that Upwork will award connects to me on monthly basis. But at present, I do not have a single connect to win or to bid on any proposal.
Kindly share your advice so I can continue my services on Upwork. 
Best regards,
Zia Ur Rehman

Zia Ur Rehman
2ef54d61
Community Member

I haven't received any connects except my monthly allotment since february, despite having several interviews. 

Yeah, Upwork got rid of that a few months ago. It was part of their 12-step plan to make the platform worse.

Yes, You are absolutely right.

Zia Ur Rehman

Yes, you will get back your conntct when you will get interviewe

Thanks

No. Connects are no longer awarded for every interview.

Interviews have been rare for the past few months, but when I do get an interview I get 10connect backs, just got 10 connects back yesterday! 

So check your connects history or raise a ticket! 

I also still got them in my last 2 interviews but from what I see here it can't be compared. The words the moderators use are, "we are no longer giving free connects on every interview won".

dangol_dipen
Community Member

Hi, I usually get my free connects after interview quickly in less than a day but I haven't got my connects after my last interview. Can anyone help me on this one.
Thank you
Sohit

That's not a thing anymore.

Hi, for example, I get connections the day after a new day's update,
so I don't think you need to worry about that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members