🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

340 REPLIES 340
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
82536a33
Community Member

Me help pls

Hi MD,

Could you please tell us more information about your concern? We'll surely look into that for you and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4457d2fd
Community Member

Please brother I'm new here I want know many things and earn money 

finish the Upwork Academy please

Tural Babashov

How can I finish the Upwork Academy cause I'm also new here

Use the link at the top of the page where it says "Academy."

5fd3c6f8
Community Member

great attention

Tural Babashov

fantastic bro. along I'm your fan...

leo_rj
Community Member

Upwork politics now is: pay to maybe get jobs. Because this is what upwork doing to freelancers. Freelancer have to pay for connects or pay for premium account. Spend more connects to make proposal for precarious jobs offers( promisses hourly/rate) when you talk to client they want to pay fixed price. You get more chance by "boosting" connects what means, spend more money on connects. Have to pay the fee for completed jobs if you get any in a month. And now you don´t even get free connects when we got interviews??? Upwork is the enemy of freelancers.  

7cd127f5
Community Member

Absolutely  agreed...

Great!  That's right!

5fd3c6f8
Community Member

if someone can earn that is to say that you can also

but you must learn what are they doing

Tural Babashov

I have to disagree with you. The old system was fine until freelancers started cheating. "Not so smart" freelancers were the enemy of freelancers.

I have only used the "boost" option once, to see how it worked. If you have a good profile, if you are a good fit for the job, your chances of getting the job are good enough without any boosting. However, clients get a lot of offers from freelancers who haven't even read the job post carefully. It shows right away (the two first lines of your cover letter tell  a lot about you, the client doesn't even need to click on your application). It's up to you to choose carefully the jobs you apply to and to write a good cover letter, keeping in mind that the two fist lines are what the client sees right away.

Nobody forces freelancers to boost their offers. Upwork is just using the naivety of freelancers to make a little extra money. Since it works, why not!

7dc124c9
Community Member

Absolutely 

2ed2b7d7
Community Member

Same issue with me.

What can we do when we are out of connects???

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sundaus, 

There are several ways you can get Connects. You get 10 free Connects every month at the beginning of your membership billing cycle. You can also purchase Connects at $0.15 each by going to your Settings page. Connects are also rewarded when a freelancer gets the Rising Talent badge, and when you interview with an established client on Upwork. While we don't issue Connects for all interviews won, we occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. This article has more information about this topic which you may want to check out. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
2ed2b7d7
Community Member

Thanks alot

5fd3c6f8
Community Member

thanks a lot for the info

Tural Babashov
3a942eef
Community Member

Thank you very much for the clarification; it was so informative.

Same here with me, i have a problem on getting client or submitting proposals due to connect issues. As of now i have to apply for credit card for me to avail payments issues. Is there another way of getting connects to bid, as a, " freelancer".

Alan Malatamban Alcuizar

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your message. You can check the available billing method on this page. I also want to remind you that your profile photo must comply with our guidelines. Please update your photo as soon as possible to avoid account interruptions. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Face Same problem

Hi Muhammad,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

Please visit this Product Update for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

Thank you very much for the detailed information

Tural Babashov
691894a8
Community Member

Hi Joanne-Moderator

As i understand is every Moderator response with same message? 

Hi Shalva,

Not exactly but there are times when responses are the same as there's only one answer to similar questions posted by Community members here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Nice picture 

Screenshot_20230608-035414~2.png

Mustafizur Rahman
75532cf7
Community Member

It was Really Helpful I Appreciate it.

9b08503d
Community Member

Ok 

c0485d8b
Community Member

Is this applicable to a successful contract? I recently applied for a job and got hired after an interview with the client, I still didn't receive any connects rewards/refund.

Hi Rohaid,

We appreciate your message. We have recently implemented an update that no longer allows for Free Connects to be awarded for each interview won, nor do we disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. You may want to check this recently posted update about the Connects for Interview Won.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c0485d8b
Community Member

Hi, 

I recently applied for a job and was hired by the client after an interview, previously when I was hired for a job I used to get connect rewards, but this time I did not get any. 
Contract is currently in progress, and it's a fixed price.

Thank you,
Rohaid Ali Khan

It is correct. Connects no nore awarded for interview\hiring. It can be awarded in some secret random cases.

You pay for connects so you can apply to jobs. They do not refund them because you got the job.

5fd3c6f8
Community Member

thank you for the info

Tural Babashov

I'm currently learning about a particular feature or rule. If you've been awarded Connects, does that mean you are more likely to get the job?

lahiruk93
Community Member

Hello,

I haved faced a issue that some of the projects posted here is not actually hiring anyone. In that case we are wasting our connects. Applying for a job with connects and employer hired a more experienced one is totally  make sense but there a lot of jobs that i have applied not making any hires. 

Wouldn't  it be great if we can get those connects back, if a job not hiring anyone more than a month for example... because we are just wasting our money in connects in that case?

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,

Lahiru

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths