🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive payment
Page options
3092e188
Community Member

Did not receive payment

Hello,

My name is Emme-Lotte. Several weeks ago I applied for a job on Upwork.

I got a message and signed a contract for a job. Translating 60 pages from English to Dutch. I spent my whole week translating this project full time.

Now that I finished the project, they are saying that I need to pay 150$ before I get my payment. This was never mentioned in the contract.

I feel terrible because I really needed the money and I did all the work for nothing.

Can somebody please help me?

Kind regards,

Emme-Lotte

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Emmelotte,

I'm sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. Can you please share with us the Contract ID for the job you're referring to? You can get the contract ID by going to All Contracts> Select the contract in question> It should be under the Details page here. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3092e188
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

They made a contract themselves, not via Upwork. I think they scammed me and I don't think anything can be done about it... I can send you the contract but I don't know if you can do anything with it.

Just for other people, watch out for this and don't pay them anything.

Kind regards,

Emme-Lotte

re: "Can somebody please help me?"

Yes. I can help you by providing you with knowledge.

You were scammed. This is your fault. You used Upwork incorrectly. You broke the rules. You will not get paid for this work.

This is good news. It means that YOU HAVE THE POWER.

All you need to do is learn what you did wrong, and you can change what happens to you in the future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members