🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Did not received payment in paypal, got i...
Page options
fj117
Community Member

Did not received payment via paypal, sent to bank account instead

Hello there,

I usually get my payment sent to PayPal. However, today I see it was sent to my bank account. I don't know how long this is going to take and I don't know how it happened. Please assist.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Francisco,

At the moment your PayPal account is added only as a billing method and that is the reason why the funds were withdrawn to your bank account. 
Your funds were withdrawn due to your payment schedule. The usual time frame for the funds to be loaded on your bank account is 2 to 5 business days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for replying. What changed between last week and this week that made the funds go to my bank account instead of going to PayPal as usual? I did not make any changes to my Upwork account but I do see my paypal preffered option was removed.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Francisco,

We are requiring users with a PayPal account to now take a few steps to connect it with their Upwork account and have started notifying freelancers by placing an alert on their “Get Paid” page and sending emails. We are sorry you missed those, however please know you can reactivate your PayPal account at any time. To do so, follow the self-serve link in the alert on your “Get Paid” page. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I don't see PayPal under add method. I can only add bank card info. Please assist.

Thanks,

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Francisco,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths