cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did payments just get earlier/quicker?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 54

@Katrina B wrote:

I'm not sure if it's related or not.  

It's not connected, it's two completely different processes.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
12 of 54

@Petra R wrote:

@Katrina B wrote:

I'm not sure if it's related or not.  

It's not connected, it's two completely different processes.

Well I just made another small withdraw and it showed up immediately. Still haven't gotten the one from last night but I'm sure it will come out of limbo some time. lol

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 54

@Katrina B wrote:

I got a payment quicker last night also. I withdrew it to Paypal and it still hasn't shown up. 

Good morning,

Because it was requested by many, we have accelerated the availability of your founds by 50%.

We have also increased the withdrawal time by 150%.

Have a great day.

The Upwork Malicious Genie Of The Lamp Department

"Proudly twisting your wishes since 2003."

:-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
14 of 54

Here's another one who has received their payment faster. Not complaining. Enjoying it while I can!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
15 of 54

Hi all,

I'll double-check but suspected your payments were processed faster due to our efforts to shorten the security period for some payments. Our team has been looking into different ways to leverage the security period but we don't have any update at this time.

Laurie C Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
16 of 54

THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN RESOLVED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SHARED USEFUL COMMENTS. 

I have been an UpWork freelancer for 5 years, and have always received client payments on Wednesday. This morning (Saturday) I logged in and discovered my normal Wednesday payment was already available for withdrawal. Is this a change overall or simply due to the fact that my clients are all well established (have a well established payment history) on UpWork?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 54

It is an experiment, don't get used to it... There is also already a thread about it.

Reshma T Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
18 of 54

Yeah, i also noticed it and waited for 10 hours to change it to normal if it was a bug error ! And i also checked my status page and it also changed to new earning status. Then i withdrawn to my Wire Transfer Payment Method, it's done.. don't know what happened Smiley Sad

Dinesh K Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
19 of 54
Upwork team currently doing a test for the early availability of funds.
This means that the security period wherein funds would go to pending status has been omitted.
However, I can't guarantee the duration of this process since it's still a test.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
20 of 54

It may be fun to get money faster.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, because it is the same amount of money.

Everybody who has their finances organized already is sufficiently solvent that the actual number of days it takes Upwork to release payments to them doesn't matter.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS