cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did payments just get earlier/quicker?

Tyler A Member Since: Nov 29, 2014
1 of 54

Hey!

So, typically my payments are available on Tuesday of each week.

However this week - I had my payment from 2 weeks ago available on Tuesday (as normal) but then today (Friday) I see that last weeks payment is also available. 

Was there a change? 

Ace Contributor
George S Member Since: Jun 2, 2011
2 of 54

I'm seeing the same thing, not aware of any changes.

A bug maybe ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 54

Upwork have been testing shorter security holds for a while now, to see if it can be shortened all around or at least for certain types of contracts.

Don't get used to it, it seems to affect accounts for short periods before returning to "normal"

Boaz N Member Since: Aug 3, 2009
4 of 54

I just noticed this as well this morning. My payments are always available on Wednesdays 03:00 GMT+3 but they are available now. I was baffled a little bit.

Asjad J Member Since: Apr 2, 2016
5 of 54

I just came to community discussions to ask the same question. I noticed the same thing, my funds arrived 4 days earlier than the actual date. Well, they should do it in a long run. It's good for us!

---
"where there's a will there's a way"
Muhammad R Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
6 of 54

Same thing with me. But can we not withdraw these funds?Is there any issue if we withdraw the funds? Anyone know about it and can guide me?

Thanks

Mohammad Rizwan

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 54

@Mohammad R wrote:

Same thing with me. But can we not withdraw these funds?Is there any issue if we withdraw the funds? Anyone know about it and can guide me?

If the funds are available you can withdraw them. Just don't get used to / start relying on them coming early as it won't last.....

Muhammad R Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
8 of 54

Thank You  Petra. Understood now.

Gennady D Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
9 of 54

The same thing happened to me. Was really surprised.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
10 of 54

I got a payment quicker last night also. I withdrew it to Paypal and it still hasn't shown up. I know sometimes it can take some time, but I just find it odd because they have ALWAYS come through in a matter of minutes.  I'm not sure if it's related or not.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS