cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did payments just get earlier/quicker?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
51 of 54

Hi Rene,

We confirmed that this isn't a bug. We continue testing ways to make earnings available to freelancers sooner. The money was released to you earlier as a part of that test.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
52 of 54

This happened to me once last year. It was supposedly a beta test. It happened again recently, last month like most of you. I hope this becomes a permanent feature. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
53 of 54

It seems client or contract related. I had the same thing again with the next milestone from the same client and same contract.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
55 of 54

@Cristina C wrote:

My earnings have been recently withheld 1 week longer than usual. Upwork really knows how to push our buttons, testing different types of ridiculous features, coming up with excuses when gets caught, playing with our feelings at random times...

I have finished my weekly work on March 1, but my earnings are still pending (it's already March 15). It's not even that big of amount. Come on, release it already!

That sounds exactly right. Hours from March 1 would go into client review the following Monday(technically Sunday night, March 5, in the U.S.) and then the client has through Friday, March 10 to review. Standard five day hold applies and the funds become available on Wednesday, March 15 (although, again, if you're in the U.S. that actually happens tonight).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS