cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did upwork change their profile discovery algorithm?

alenmasic
Alen M Member Since: Sep 12, 2016
1 of 4

Hi everyone,

Usually, I always had 5-10 profile views per week, but since last 2 week the profile views were constantly dropping and this week I have none.
Did Upwork change their algorithm for discovering profiles or what? When I log in as a client I can find my profile on the second page when I select my rate, language level, and category but other clients obviously can't.
My profile is public and earnings are public so in theory, I should be pretty visible.

scientistbhoot
Community Leader
Md. Morshed A Member Since: Apr 3, 2018
2 of 4

I think I found something odd. When I visit someones profile, then the top bar show Name and Title. But when I visited your profile then its showing something else. Its says Hire. Idk why... But its new to me.

Capture.JPG

hodgesh
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
3 of 4

@Alen M wrote:

Hi everyone,

When I log in as a client I can find my profile on the second page when I select my rate, language level, and category but other clients obviously can't.

No, the fact that you can find yourself when you search with such specific parameters doesn't  have anything to do with whether clients are finding you because clients are unlikely to be searching for you specifically. You are comparing two very different kinds of searches.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Alen, 

Results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS